Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:48:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any advice on aging and careers  (Read 6189 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Kdunit

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2008, 06:06:50 am »

Hi everyone.

So i wonder if you can help, well let me explain...

Myself and my niece have been working on a Sims project, getting all our family members living in the same neighbourhood, our problems begin firstly...

With my family....My partner is a few years older than I (14 actually) so, he will reach an elder before I do, is there anyway this age gap can be set?

Also, is there anyway of setting career, his career is very established and successful and we really don't want his career to have to start again in game (this goes for all other members of the family)

Nxt problem...

I have twin daughters, which we have created and set their personalities differently, but they do not get on in the game no matter how much we try to make them, they are very loving towoards eachother in reality.

Also in reality they have single beds pushed together, yet in game they claim they cannot not get in single beds and refuse to sleep in a double bed together.

One last thing...

We have a young lady that lives with us to help with the girls, She is employed to take care/entertain the girls and do a few chores. In game we call an 'nanny' and it's an elder (our Jenny is impressed) and is there anyway we name her or create how she looks. This will sounds horrid but, we don't want to make her part of the family also, our 'Jenny' doesn't live with us full time so has accomadation elsewhere, but we would like to include her in our neighbour.

Okay were asking a lot now aren't we lol but suggestions and advice would be very very welcome. Thx in advance.
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 09:35:12 am »

The insimenator machine can take care of alot of this. You can add extra days to your husbands life, say 5 days i.e, then he will reach elderhood 5 days before your sim. With the insim, you can also choose to place him directly on any level on any career, so if he is a politican i.e, you can just place him on level 8 or 9 on the politics-level.

The twins, not so sure about that. But you can use the insim to make them have the relationshiplevel "best friends", that should make them go easier on eachother.

The beds, no 100% sure solution there. If they are best friends they should agree to sleeping in the same bed, but not quite sure how that is with children.

As for the nanny, that one is impossible. The nanny must be an elder female, and I do not think there is any way to customize her, she is a random NPC created by the game.

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
Kdunit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 12:09:36 pm »

Oh thank you very much. We really appreciate your advice, though my partner isn't happy you solved the problem with his age lol Actually nor is Jenny, I did suggest we will just have to find an older 'nanny' to replace her (I was joking, the look on peoples faces didn't find it funny) lol

Thx again from all the girlies in the house!
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 01:19:34 pm »

Happy to help, have fun with your game! Smiley

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
heartless

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 02:14:25 pm »

i am probably most likely wrong, but i think i remember changing the face of an NPC using the Insiminater before. That way you could at least make her prettier or uglier or whatever, though you couldn't change her age... But what if you made her selectable?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 12:34:32 am »

Christianlov's All in Once and Nanny mod will allow you to choose the age and some other characteristics of the housekeeper or nanny, so you can make Jennifer an adult rather than elder.  The nanny can be further customized in game to do more than just take care of the children if desired.

The plastic surgery functions of either InSIMenator or Sim Blender will allow you to make her appear in game closer to what she looks like in RL.  With both you can change the first name.  I know with Sim Blender you can change the last name also.  I don't know if that functionality is in InSIMenator.
Kdunit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 03:01:33 pm »

Quote from: heartless;1418973
i am probably most likely wrong, but i think i remember changing the face of an NPC using the Insiminater before. That way you could at least make her prettier or uglier or whatever, though you couldn't change her age... But what if you made her selectable?

PMSL Prettier or Uglier pmsl I'll go for the latter lol

Jenny is all for plastic surgery but not for having more chores lol Though my parther thinks both are a great idea as the he could be rid of me...mmmmmm were not sure whom he was insulting myself or Jenny!!

Anyhow, where would we find Christianlovs all in one and simblender....tell me, could we use the imsiminator/christianlovs all in 1/simblender all at the same time??

Oh & using sim blender, we could have Jenny live with us but a different surname? Also, my own as it is different from my partners as are the girls.....my goodness we are complicated but do appreciate your help, you guys are fab lol *Martinis all round* Cheers Chaps
Kdunit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 03:06:39 pm »

Sorry just realised you mention that the simblender will change surnames, my apologies, that was jennys fault insisting on talking to me!! Sack her I shall lol Not really just kidding honestly!!

Oh I have been told to mention, this is no longer a project of just myself & my niece, it is now official that it's myself, my niece and Jenny's project lol .....I had to move the twins beds apart in real life as they were attempting to push eachothers heads down between them earlier today....although, apparently they were just seeing if they fit!!! So much for them getting on in RL!! lol

Again 'we' thank you.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 03:17:00 pm by Kdunit » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 04:41:52 pm »

Christianlov's mod is here.  I was going to link it last night, but the site was down.

To get Jenny to be an acceptable sim before you sack her, first use All-In-One/Nanny to get the adult, then use either Blender or InSIMenator to make her look as ugly as you want (sorry, the evil showing).  Then change the name.
Kdunit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 05:10:49 am »

Me again.... new problem....we have this cam mod thing where it zooms and levels out like you'd be standing in the room itself, now it doesn't, it zooms in straight down to floor....it worked fine yesterday, so what have I done wrong? I should un-install it and re-install it yes? mmmmm is there an easiler solution?

Oh & thx for the all in 1 link yesterday, but i hadn't install it when the cam-mod went funny. Smiley
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 07:05:02 am »

In Build or Buy Mode, hit the T key.

In Live Mode, hold your mouse wheel down and move the mouse around.
Kdunit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 02:11:24 pm »

Aha thank you will go try it!
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 02:58:28 pm »

Quote from: heartless;1418973

The "social adjuster" part of the insim gives you the options to "fix appearance" & choose the age (i.e.adult, teen,etc,) of an NPC once you make them selectable.:happy8:

Sims by Dasi:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: