Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 05:21:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I give up!  (Read 2623 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Janis2005

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2008, 06:04:15 pm »

After a lot of messing about, getting rid of a lot of downloads, unistalling and re-installing AL, running SimPe GUID scanner, and disabling duplicate package files, (Most of which were Maxis), I tried to play again, and as soon as I start furnishing a house in any neighbouhood, after placing a few items, the game crashes. I also noticed that the swing is missing from the buy catalogue. The only swing available is the garden swing of bliss and harmony. Am I ever going to be able to play this expansion pack, or is now the time to give up? I installed the AL patch and that hasn`t helped. I had previously installed the unofficial patch from Pescado. Could this be a conflict? Can anyone tell me why this damn game has caused so much trouble?  I am heading for a breakdown.:sad4:
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 06:16:52 pm »

The swing is now categorized under Hobbies/Recreation.

Move your Downloads and SavedSims folders to someplace like the Desktop so it's not read by the game, then create a new test neighborhood and give the game a try.  I think you'll find the problem gone.

Since it's crashing for you while in Buy Mode, you most likely have an object requiring an EP/SP you don't have.  Or the mesh itself somehow became corrupt.  What ever is causing the problem is in the category you were in when the crash happened.  For example, Decorative/Misc, Comfort/Sofa.
Janis2005

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 05:37:36 pm »

I have already done this. Created a new test neighbourhood and the problem persisted. The game crashes in every category of buy mode after I have selected more than three items. There is nothing in my saved sims folder. I have run clean installer through everything in my downloads folder and have run SimPe GUID scanner several times and disabled duplicates that showed up. Is there anything else I should be checking?
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 07:02:11 pm »

Try decorating the house with an empty Downloads folder. If the game does not crash, then it simply means you have corrupt custom content.

1) Type in the cheat "testingcheats enabled true"
2) Click on ALL the items in the Buy and Build Category. It will take a very long time if you have alot of CC, but it pick out faulty files
3) Delete any files testingcheats picks up

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
Janis2005

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 08:03:56 am »

Thanks. I`ll give it a try and see if it works.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 08:20:07 am »

have you also tried to delete the groups.cache, accessory.cache, and contentregistry files? (in the "The sims 2" folder)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 08:22:34 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Janis2005

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 12:44:37 pm »

I always delete the cache files before I play. Where do I find the content registry files?
I noticed in the error logs that there are Audio errors, but I do not know how to attach the log to this post. I tried to attach the log, but it came up invalid file.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: