Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 09:10:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apartment Life.. is it worth it? / What goes where??  (Read 1804 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinnika

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2008, 09:33:25 am »

I have just discovered Sims 2 Apartment Life. Let me ask, is it worth it? I heard that some hacks / mods don't work with it. Is that true? I hope not, considering I have a ton of them, including Insimenator and Inteenimator.

I have the base game (of course), Nightlife, University, and OFB. I was hoping to get Pets in next. Where does Apartment Life fit in? Is it an actual expansion like "Nightlife" or is it just an extra like "Glamour Stuff"? Is it really all that? I have thousands and thousands of CC downloads, and I build tons of my own residential and business buildings (including my own apartments and flats) and don't know if I really want it or need it unless there's something astronomical about it. The furniture is kind of cool, but like I said, I use CC downloads more than the Maxis furniture. Is there something more to it - maybe that affect the Sims?

Also, I was kinda wondering - I have looked all over for a list of Sims 2 games in order of what needs to be downloaded first, second, third, etc. Does it matter what goes where and when? If so, please let me know (I do believe it did matter with the first Sims game and I did that in order). I am pretty sure the expansions do matter but the extras (like "Glamour" and "Fashion") don't matter. Am I far off?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 09:40:33 am by kinnika » Logged

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
xangelx

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 12:18:35 pm »

It's quite good, although I wouldn't say it was one of the best EPs. There is a version of the insimentor that will work with apartment life.

It is an actual expansion pack. Like I said it's not that great, the apartments are quite cool though. And there's witches and the ability to network between sims.

And I didn't think it mattered which order you put them in, but I could be wrong.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 03:48:29 pm »

The order in which you install EPs is up to your own needs or tastes or budget and should have no particular effect on the game (provided your system is capable of running the more system intensive (that is, generally speaking, post-OFB) EPs and your custom content is compatible with any newly installed EPs.

However, installing any patches for EPs in the same order in which you install the EPs themselves is highly recommended.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 04:58:17 pm »

Awesome. Thanks, guys.

Anybody else with opinions of Apartment Life?

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: