Insimenator.org
April 15, 2024, 10:59:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: SIMS 3 Requirements  (Read 27048 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 12:24:46 am »

Well first of all EAmaxis were saying Sims3 would run on your granny's machine, and now they've changed their tune and start saying it will only run on high end machines (according to above postings). So it looks like I'm stuffed then - excuse my French, LOL. No Sims 3 for me unless I win the lottery or something so that I can buy a new machine.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 01:55:50 pm »

What does this mean about my video card??  for spore it pased on all but that? is my videoc ard good for sims 3? it works good on sims 2.

Video Card
Minimum: 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 [GeForce 6200 for Vista]+ / ATI Radeon 9500+ / Intel 950+)
You Have: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller)  FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement. Upgrade to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options. 
 Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card  Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 96 MB
 Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
 Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0

vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 10:16:03 am »

Hi,where on my pc can I found data about how much RAM i have left?
I knew that once,but I forgott.
Just preordered sims3.

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
Aralie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 10:30:14 am »

Vanessa,
You can find out how much RAM you have by going into 'My Computer' and on the side, where it says 'System Tasks' click 'View system information'. It's under 'General' then 'Computer', towards the bottom. Oh, and RAM does not go away when you install things on your computer, that is Hard Drive space. RAM, is the memory that is used while you are doing things, like playing Sims or browsing the internet, or whatever. Smiley Just thought I'd explain that to you, because not too long ago I didn't have a clue, and I got really confused when someone told me I needed to buy more RAM!  tongue

"Bingle-bongle, dingle-dangle, yickety-doo, yickety-daa, ping-pong, lippy-tappy-too-taa."
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 10:54:59 am »

It's trooooo. You can also find RAM info using start/programs/accessories/system tools/system information. It will be in the summary. You can find hard drive space by going to My Computer, right click on the disk drive, click on properties (at the bottom) and it will show you how much (pie chart) space is used and how much is available, it will also show it in bytes above the pie chart. *back to the crypt*
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 11:43:59 am »

Oh,thank you so much Aralie and Jamesabrown1!
So if my pc had more then 2 GB RAM I'm fine,even if I have a lot of games on the pc?No need to get rid of stuff?

vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 11:47:06 am »

Just checked it,it says "available physical memory 1,50 GB.
I'm fine,right?

jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 11:54:15 am »

From a RAM standpoint, yes. And Jay will do nicely for me, the other is a bit cumbersome. You'll have to check your available disk space before you install, I'm not sure how much TS3 will take, and with that size RAM, I suspect your processor will handle it, as well. You may want to check your video card to make sure you have at least 256mb of dedicated memory on the card itself, preferably 512mb. That, however will only affect the speed of the graphics, not the ability to run the game.
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009, 12:20:33 pm »

I have more then 255 GB left on HDD and the card is Nvidia 9500 I think.
Thank you Jamesabrown1(love your name).

jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 12:30:09 pm »

You should be good to go, then. Ya it's my first name, MI, last name suffixed by 1. I use that because it is one of the few things I can always remember, I use it on the Oasis, as well.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 01:04:56 pm »

How come my question gooes unacknowledged but the next one gets answered? tongue
Dudettes

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2009, 09:53:57 am »

what about my computer?
Mircosoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

eMachines
W3410
AMd Atglon(tm) 64 Processor
3200+
2.19 GHz, 384 MB of RAM
ATI Radeon X200

I'm not a tech girl, i just to want to know is my computer good enough?  huh

Skinny jeans:<br />gotta a thing them boyz...
Aralie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2009, 03:16:31 pm »

What does this mean about my video card??  for spore it passed on all but that? is my video card good for sims 3? it works good on sims 2.

Video Card
Minimum: 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 [GeForce 6200 for Vista]+ / ATI Radeon 9500+ / Intel 950+)
You Have: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller)  FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement. Upgrade to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options. 
 Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card  Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 96 MB
 Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
 Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0

Simpleprincess, according to this, your video card doesn't quite meet the minimum requirements. You need one of the video cards above that I put in italics for you. I don't know much about video cards...but I'm guessing it at least needs to have the minimum amount of RAM to run the game properly. Sorry, I didn't see your question earlier!  Undecided

Soopakewlchick, your computer needs more RAM. The minimum requirement is 1GB, you only have 384MB (1GB=1000MB). I'm not sure about your video card. Hm, it doesn't seem to be on the list of compatible ones...You might need to upgrade that as well.

If anyone knows their stuff about video cards, please correct me if I'm wrong about anything. Hah.  tongue

"Bingle-bongle, dingle-dangle, yickety-doo, yickety-daa, ping-pong, lippy-tappy-too-taa."
Achilles

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2009, 03:45:15 pm »

ye I'm afraid you won't be able to run it properly soopakewlchick .

I looked at the specs of your system and well to be honest it's kinda outdated.
I doesn't meet the minimum requirements of the game so I don't think you will be able to run it properly...

If you do want to play it, I would recommend getting more RAM, in your case your motherboard only supports up to 2GB DDR RAM so I would get 2GB.
And you would certainly need a new videocard aswell, the one you have now is an onboard videocard and well they aren't really designed to play games. If you would play it with this one you would get lots of LAG.

EDIT: If you're not really sure about your pc specs, install this program called Everest. It's great it will tell you everything about your pc components and you will also be able to see the temperature of your motherboard, cpu, GPU, etc...
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/192634304/EVEREST_Ultimate_Edition_v4.60.1500.rar
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 04:03:42 pm by Achilles » Logged
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2009, 09:57:27 am »

Well I'm starting to seriously wonder about the specs info these companies release. I mean, according to the blurb on Ea/Maxis sites, you need a decent graphics card and 2Ghz machine to run Spore. Yet I have Spore and it runs perfectly on a 1Ghz machine with only the basic 512 ram and 128 mb nvidia. So what the hell? Maybe Sims 3 will run on my machine after all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: