Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 04:55:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: SIMS 3 Requirements  (Read 27055 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2009, 11:09:44 pm »

Hey..thanks for getting back to me on the issue, I will probably more than likely get 2 GB of RAM so that I am sure I have enough to run the game properly, hm 80$ for 1 GB thats a bit too expensive for me Embarrassed If its going to be that much trouble I will probably just wait and not get the Sims3 for awhile because I know I don't even have GB of memory atm to barely even play TS2, my computer isn't old..I got it about 2 years ago so I wouldn't consider it 'old' huh but maybe my reading the instructions I would be able to install it, my boyfriend is pretty good with electronics and stuff so maybe he will know how to do it also I have no idea what your'e talking about when you ask

The question that begs is what kind of ram is installed in your pc. sdr. ddr. or ddr2

so there is no other way to upgrade memory but the RAM cards? I mean my goodness they should be RAM that goes into your USB ports and upgrades straight to the motherboard right? I'm confused and have to look into it, but right now I just don't have the money to buy a new computer so maybe TS3 just isn't worth the stress atm... Cry
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2009, 11:21:36 pm »

When you turn your PC on it should say on the screen 'press F10' or delete, etc. to enter setup once in setup it should tell you what type of RAM is installed.

If you tell me your exact model Compaq, etc. I can look it up for you but if it's a custom PC then you will have to do what I posted above.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2009, 12:18:13 am »

Thanks a bunch Squinge, I will get back to you on that tomorrow night once I re-boot my computer, it is a desktop by the way ..oh wait is this the information you need or should I get it from the F10 menu

Hewlett-Packard Company
Compaq Presario
AMD Sepron(tm) Processor
3400+
1.80 GHz, 448 MB of RAM

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002 (maybe it is a bit on the old side Cheesy)
Service Pack 3

Okay let me know if any of that helps or if I need to re-boot thanks again Squinge

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2009, 12:21:31 am »

Be very careful when you are in the bios setup DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES. when exiting you will receive a choise "save changes yes or no" select NO and you will exit automatically.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2009, 12:25:31 am »

Thanks for the tip hon Wink
emoarian19

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2009, 12:42:28 am »

I resent all the fuss that people are making about Vista. As a long-time windows user, I love Vista. I've had absolutely no problem with it, and it's an incredibly smooth OS. Just buy Vista ultimate (or whatever the newest version is) and/or get yourself a better graphics card. As someone who plays at least ONE computer game, you should really be using better technology. Buying a better video card is an inexpensive way to boost your old PC, and it's easy to install. come on, people!

I agree with you so much! I dont know what all the fuss is about vista! I think its easier to use. xp was fine but there is so much more that vista does for you. it tells you when you are making changes and it lets you know when and what is going on with your pc. if anything i believed that with xp i got more viruses and infections, with vista it cleans it all up for you. I have windows live one care and i love the back ups it does for you b/c i delete things on accident all the time. say what you want about vista, its better than xp!
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2009, 02:35:09 am »

I resent all the fuss that people are making about Vista. As a long-time windows user, I love Vista. I've had absolutely no problem with it, and it's an incredibly smooth OS. Just buy Vista ultimate (or whatever the newest version is) and/or get yourself a better graphics card. As someone who plays at least ONE computer game, you should really be using better technology. Buying a better video card is an inexpensive way to boost your old PC, and it's easy to install. come on, people!

I agree with you so much! I dont know what all the fuss is about vista! I think its easier to use. xp was fine but there is so much more that vista does for you. it tells you when you are making changes and it lets you know when and what is going on with your pc. if anything i believed that with xp i got more viruses and infections, with vista it cleans it all up for you. I have windows live one care and i love the back ups it does for you b/c i delete things on accident all the time. say what you want about vista, its better than xp!

Vista is more secure than XP.  Most people who have problems with it are people who had existing hardware and software that would not work on Vista.  Having to buy hardware to run a OS sucks, period.  Yeah, if you bought a laptop with Vista on it, chances are it would work great, since they would have probably loaded drivers and programs that worked in Vista or set up any compatibilities that they needed to.  Some problems were actually 32-bit to 64-bit problems, though.  Also users who already pretty much know what's going on with there computers and don't need settings and files locked away didn't care for those 'features'.  Windows 7 is, for me at least, what Vista should have been when it came out.  Yeah, it's annoying to have to learn how to change it to the way I want it, but hey, change comes wether you like it or not.  BTW I'm using x86 Windows 7 because there aren't drivers to be found for my printer in x64, but it's about time I look again, since I did download both betas.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 02:49:04 am by VampyrMuffinMan » Logged

Check out my HubPages for useful computer tutorials.  [link under wolfie]
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2009, 03:11:25 am »

And the same goes for the latest games, hardware update$, a never ending cycle of expensive updates.
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2009, 10:55:20 am »

And the same goes for the latest games, hardware update$, a never ending cycle of expensive updates.

That's one of the reasons I don't buy "the latest" games.  Once was all it took for me to simply not buy a game if my computer wouldn't run it.  Spending $150 on a new video card to run a $50 game just doesn't make any sense to me.  The same goes for Vista.  Maybe EAxis should release a full demo like M$ did with 7.  Pretend I didn't say that.  I don't need to be doing their jobs for them...

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2009, 04:43:35 pm »

I will give this much to Microsoft. They are certainly in touch with the currant economic situation, no hardware upgrades are required for Windows 7. I f it can run xp it'll fly with win. 7.
150$ for a graphics card? here in good old Aus. you pay around 400$ for a mid range and up tp 1000$+ for a high end card. More that than cost of a low end pc.
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2009, 08:58:05 pm »

I will give this much to Microsoft. They are certainly in touch with the currant economic situation, no hardware upgrades are required for Windows 7. I f it can run xp it'll fly with win. 7.
150$ for a graphics card? here in good old Aus. you pay around 400$ for a mid range and up tp 1000$+ for a high end card. More that than cost of a low end pc.

Well, I really wasn't going to say anything more, but I really finally got [how to say] what was so annoying about it.  No one NEEDED Vista.  There was nothing that Vista did that couldn't be done with XP.  And that's it.  Why spend for the OS AND new hardware?  A better looking interface isn't worth it.  And therein lies my lack of enthusiasm for Sims 3 as well.  Well, my hardware will run it fine (with the minor exception of my geForce 7100 not being supported, but meeting requirements) but what do I have to gain besides shiny-new and not necessarily better packaging?

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2009, 10:55:48 pm »

Squinge & Roerzman,

I had a look at my computers set-up menu and my installed components are as followed..

Installed Memory- 512 MB MB/ PC- 4200

Memory Bank 1- 256 MB/ DDR2 SDRAM
Memory Bank 2- 256 MB/ DDR2 SDRAM

I hope that helps I also found a program that scans my computer and emails me with the correct RAM needed for the computer here is their response to me

http://www.memorystock.com/memory/CompaqPresarioSR2010NX.html

I also have found a how-to-install user guide on their website which mentions my RAM which is SDRAM or would it be DDR? I am confused on that part here are both guides with SDRAM and DDR respectively

http://www.memorystock.com/how_to_install_184pin_ddr.htm

http://www.memorystock.com/how_to_install_168_pin_dimm.htm

Confused on which one I should refer to any insight would be greatly appreciated Dunno

Thanks Again for all help
-Amb

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2009, 01:08:03 am »

Get either 2x512 or 2x 10024 ddr2 memory sticks as mentioned in the Compaq guide, ram should be install in equal amounts. don't mix 512 and 10024 and so on. Get your boyfriend to install it, it's just a mater of removing the old ram and install the new.
To remove the ram sticks , turn of your pc at the wall remove the left panel and gently push down evenly  on two the tabs that keep the sticks in place, they should just pop out. to install is just the same in reverse, on the bottom of the stick is a small slot slightly offset line it up with the dimm slot, it can only be installed one way, push down gently but firmly and tabs will pop into place, ensure that the stick is firmly in place by evenly pushing the tabs in they will click all the way home.
That's it the bios and windows will instantly recognise the new installed memory no set up and no installation.

Just a bit of advice don't mix old and new ram, get 2 new sticks and discard the old that will save you the dreaded beep, beep,beep when you boot up.Oops i nearly forgot, DON'T MIX DIFERENT BRANDS, keep them identical.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 01:17:41 am by roerzman » Logged
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2009, 10:43:24 pm »

Thank you so much for helping me out with that Roerzman I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't have helped me Embarrassed so it would just be best if I took the old ram sticks out and buy 2 GB of RAM 1 GB of ram a stick okay thanks for letting me know that because knowing me I would probably just get one GB and keep the other one in there but I will discard both of them and buy 2 GB's thanks again hon

VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2009, 02:15:08 am »

Thank you so much for helping me out with that Roerzman I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't have helped me Embarrassed so it would just be best if I took the old ram sticks out and buy 2 GB of RAM 1 GB of ram a stick okay thanks for letting me know that because knowing me I would probably just get one GB and keep the other one in there but I will discard both of them and buy 2 GB's thanks again hon

Don't toss them out completely...  If you know they are good, an extra stick or two of memory are very useful if you need to diagnose a computer problem in the future.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: