Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:49:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: SIMS 3 Requirements  (Read 26817 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Starwish001

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2008, 09:38:19 am »

What do you mean, what would be pc requirements for playing sims 3? Hope it will not be for vista only? I don't like vista, and it requires better configuration then xp...

Jazzyjae
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 07:50:01 pm »

According to this statement on http://thesims3facts.webs.com/factsconfirmed.htm:

The game has been produced so that will also run smoothly on older PC's. quote "To run on your gran's PC"

It'll run on XP and computers with mediocre video cards.
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 09:12:32 am »

It should run okay with older machines, as you say, and I'll tell you why I think so too. If you look at a game like The Godfather (by EA games also) on the PC, the world system and game engine in that game looks identical to me to the one EA games are using in The Sims 3, judging by the video clips etc. And The Godfather runs smooth even on pentium 3s with older cards, so I reckon Sims 3 will run pretty well on most machines. Anyway, it makes commercial sense for EA to make it work on older machines, because if you look at pc games released last year and this year with really high spec requirements, they tended not to sell so well.
sarajernigan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 01:10:55 pm »

Oh Good! I was worried as well I'd have to run it on Vista. I have Vista and XP on my laptop, but every time I tried to run Sims 2 on Vista, it would crash due to Vista's horrendous memory sucking capability. Let alone Sims 3. *sighs of relief.* Thank you for posting somewhere to check the facts. I am excited to start playing Sims 3 with everyone else as I was so late to start with Sims 2. Smiley
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 02:49:15 am »

This comes as some what of a relief for me personally. I presently use a 6 year old PC that I've upgraded from time to time with better specs (Ram, Storage, ETC) that has a "Mid-Range" graphics card. Great for playing TS2, but still a bit slow. I don't have the bank to fully upgrade to a better PC (And I use the term loosely, if I did, bet your ass I'm getting rid of Vista and popping in my XP disk to change the OS). So knowing that the new game will run well on older PCs is a good thing, I just don't expect to just run out and go get it when it ships. It'll more then likely take a good year or so before any halfway decent CC comes out, so when I see some not worthy stuff around the net (here or on MTS2) that's when I'll presumably pick it up.

whitefire

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 07:24:54 pm »

hi , seeing that no one has posted this info yet here i'm letting all that wants to know there is now news on the SIMS 3 Requirements !! however this might change or more info might be added before the game comes out    i read this info from this sims site http://www.simprograms.com/                            here is the info enjoy                     The Sims 3′ official specs are announced!                                                               SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR DESKTOP PC:
————————

FOR WINDOWS XP (Service Pack 2)

Pentium IV 2.0 GHz / Athlon XP 2000+ or equivalent
1GB RAM of Memory
GeForce FX 5900 / Radeon 9500 with at least 128 MB of RAM
FOR WINDOWS VISTA

Pentium IV 2.4 GHz / Athlon XP 2400+ or equivalent
1.5 GB RAM of Memory
GeForce FX 5900 / Radeon 9500 with at least 128 MB of RAM

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR LAPTOPS:
————————

FOR WINDOWS XP (Service Pack 2)

1.5GB RAM of Memory
GeForce Go 6200 / Radeon mobile 9600 with at least 128 MB of RAM
FOR WINDOWS VISTA

2 GB RAM of Memory
GeForce Go 6200 / Radeon mobile 9600 with at least 128 MB of RAM
                                                                                                                       other info too   According to InfiniteSims, they just received word thru an EA email with the minimum system requirements for The Sims 3 More than likely we will hear more information for the requirements closer to release .
edit more info is now so i'm just adding this to this post  here is the new info SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS

NVIDIA GeForce series

FX 5900, FX 5950
6200, 6500, 6600, 6800,
7200, 7300, 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950
8400, 8500, 8600, 8800
9600, 9800, GTX 260, GTX 280

ATI Radeon™ series

9500, 9600, 9800
X300, X600, X700, X800, X850
X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900, X1950
2400, 2600, 2900
3450, 3650, 3850, 3870,
4850, 4870

Intel® Extreme Graphics

GMA X3x00 series

Laptop versions of these chipsets may work, but may run comparatively slower. Standalone cards that are installed in vanilla PCI slots (not PCIe or PCIx or AGP), such as some GeForce FX variants, will perform poorly. Intel integrated chipsets featuring underclocked parts will not perform adequately.

Integrated chipsets such as the ATI Xpress and the NVIDIA TurboCache variants will have low settings selected, but should run satisfactorily.

Please note that attempting to play the game using video hardware that isn't listed above may result in reduced performance, graphical issues or cause the game to not run at all.

The NVIDIA GeForce FX series is unsupported under Vista.
also SIMS 3 Requirements info is now up at the sims 3 site too if anyone is wanting to look there too as of today  thats where the newest info came from enjoy
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 11:55:10 am by whitefire » Logged
mhahse57
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 08:29:50 pm »

I made sure my laptop could handle every Sims2 EP, and all my downloads without lag.  I've been concerned that the new game might not be as rich visually, or have smooth movements because the engine has been altered to accomodate older PCs.  In addition, will the End User License allow "Pay Sites" rather than just ignoring the issue?  I have seldom supported sites that give special "gifts" to donors.  There were a couple of exceptions, but only because on one site I was already a donor, and on another I truly admire the creator/modder (Numenor actually) and donated out of respect for his incredible body of work for Sims 2, and not to get his "gift."  I'm a "Paysites Must be Destroyed" advocate actually. 

Will The Sims 3 be a sacrifice in quality?  I hope not.  I also don't think sales of high end games were down just because of their system reqs.  The economy could actually be more of a factor there.  More efficient game engine or not, if the game is still retailing for about $40 US, sales will still be down--of that I am certain.  I can't afford to invest another $500 in the Sims 3 over the next eight years, unless it is a huge improvement over the current, amazingly detailed, loaded with CC game I already own. We'll see if it ends up under the Christmas tree in 2009.  Until then I'm sticking with Sims 2. 

Michele

Any world created is a world alive. Nurture that world; cultivate it with imagination. Make it better than the world you live in. Then share it, and change your own world forever.
heyhey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 10:59:41 pm »

I'm kind of worried my computer won't run The Sims 3... I have 1GB of RAM, (running on XP) but for some reason only 960 MBs of it is recognized.. I was considering ordering another .5 GB of RAM.. My computer is older, too.. 2005 I think.
honestsim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 10:19:49 am »

im Highly worried my computer used to run the sims2 great and then i rebooted my computer becuase i had a bad virus and now i cant even play the sims2 anymore i have to sell all my games. secondly i am so excited about sims3 i dream about is.lol but im affraid my old cp wont run the sims3
heyhey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 11:55:37 pm »

im Highly worried my computer used to run the sims2 great and then i rebooted my computer becuase i had a bad virus and now i cant even play the sims2 anymore i have to sell all my games. secondly i am so excited about sims3 i dream about is.lol but im affraid my old cp wont run the sims3

You should just reformat your computer and start from scratch. Smiley
Ninja

:)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 09:17:15 am »

Oh great.
For laptops XP it requires 1.5GB RAM of memory.
I have 1GB.
But I guess it doesn't matter anyway because I have no intentions of buying the game if it has SecuROM.

My signature is waaaaay better than your signature!
MaggieMae
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 12:30:05 am »

I read somewhere (?) that if you go to the Systems Requirements Lab and check your system to see if you can run Spore, and it CAN run Spore, then you should be able to run The Sims3.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

I passed on everything for Spore, but this is the only part I am worried about, and I hope it will be enough:

You Have: 2 processors running - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz

I'm not very computer techy.  Does anybody know if this meets The Sims3 requirements for Vista?
astroth

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 07:11:54 pm »

The question you have is nothing to worry about.  Your cpu is actually 2 on a one chip.  Most if not all of the cpu's released in about the last 2 years are multi-core, be it dual, triple, quad and now up to 7 cores all on a one chip you can install
MaggieMae
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 08:42:19 pm »

Thank you for the info astroth!  I had been quite worried about that.

Just so I understand clearly, when they say I need 2.4 GHz, do I simply multiply my 1.80GHz (X 2 for dual core) and determine that I have 3.6GHz?  Is that correct?
astroth

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 06:38:18 pm »

I believe that if you have a 1.8GHz cpu that is actual speed, I've not really found how they measure the clock speeds for multi core chips.  Cause as you said you could have 2 cores running at 1.8GHz which would get you 3.6GHz though you could go the other way and have 2 cores at 900MHz which gets you the speed you have.

I would go by whatever Vista says for the speed of your cpu.

Otherwise if you want to see if you can find a better answer try osnn.net
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: