Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 03:54:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims wont use phone  (Read 5920 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Toeler

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 03:20:29 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1419670
Do it on all In world and all off world.  forcing error on all world doesn't do everything.

Done that, but do I have to reload the lot or anything? Because it still isn't fixing it.
eccentricgnat

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 03:46:00 am »

Hi,

I had the same problem. It turned out it was something in the cep folder. The zCEP-EXTRA in the docmuments...Ea folder... sims folder. Also check the one in the (I am on an apple) but I think the program files folder in windows?  The sims folder...tsdata folder....Res folder....Catalog folder....zCEP-EXTRA folder...check and see if there are phones in one or both of the listed folders.  Take them out and put them on the desk top...restart your sims program and see if that fixes it.
Toeler

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 04:02:15 am »

Quote from: eccentricgnat;1419705
Hi,

I had the same problem. It turned out it was something in the cep folder. The zCEP-EXTRA in the docmuments...Ea folder... sims folder. Also check the one in the (I am on an apple) but I think the program files folder in windows?  The sims folder...tsdata folder....Res folder....Catalog folder....zCEP-EXTRA folder...check and see if there are phones in one or both of the listed folders.  Take them out and put them on the desk top...restart your sims program and see if that fixes it.

Ahh finally a post that got me excited. However I did a full search of my HDD and found nothing called zCEP in it at all Sad

Quote from: EKozski;1419682
It's at MTS2.

I can't provide the link right now.

The site seems to be down.

Got the organizer, scanned everything and searched for anything with the word cell or phone in it. The only things that came up were some apple iphone decorations I downloaded with an apple store pack, however I still do know that somewhere in there in the usable cellphone, but as I've already said...I've never used it.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 04:25:09 am by Toeler » Logged
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 04:31:02 am »

I was just thinking, if you go in the game, you can click on it and delete it that way.

If it's a buyable phone through the catalog.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Toeler

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 04:52:35 am »

Quote from: EKozski;1419731
I was just thinking, if you go in the game, you can click on it and delete it that way.

If it's a buyable phone through the catalog.

What do you mean? I never had the phone in my lot...ever. So how can I delete it that way?
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 04:55:53 am »

If it's in your downloads folder, it's in the game.

You actually don't have to use it or put it in any of your lots.

It should be in your electronics catalog, if I'm not mistaken. Look under, Phones or click on the All, it should show up IF it's buyable.

The Sims 3.........NO!
Toeler

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2008, 06:35:48 am »

Yeah it is buyable...but I'm not able to delete it from there....
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2008, 06:42:43 am »

Did you look to the right of the catalog and see a symbol that looked like a folder?

If so, that's how you delete it.

Or, go into buy mode, click on the phone, then click on the swatch thingie or whatever it is, and try to recolor it. You can delete it that way also. Just make sure you click on the folder.

The Sims 3.........NO!
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2008, 09:55:32 am »

Not trying to annoy you. But in the future it might be easier to pull out your hacks / mods if they're all in the same subfolder. I know that you said that you will have objects that won't show up, but not necessarily - at least not action hacks / mods like "no autonomous coffee drinking".

If you do get that clean installer - yes, certain things don't show up with what type of hack / mod they are, but a lot do. You can organize them that way. At least most of them.

Just a suggestion.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Toeler

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2008, 01:36:50 pm »

Quote from: kinnika;1419947
Not trying to annoy you. But in the future it might be easier to pull out your hacks / mods if they're all in the same subfolder. I know that you said that you will have objects that won't show up, but not necessarily - at least not action hacks / mods like "no autonomous coffee drinking".

If you do get that clean installer - yes, certain things don't show up with what type of hack / mod they are, but a lot do. You can organize them that way. At least most of them.

Just a suggestion.

...Including clothing that my sims are currently wearing for all of their clothing sets?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: