Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 02:05:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help With Making Clothing  (Read 2136 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Momorat

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2008, 08:58:31 pm »

Hi. Cheesy I want to know how to make clothes out of body meshes. I know how to recolour, but that's the extent of my clothing-making knowledge. I want to make one of my teen sims look bodybuilder-y, but there's only a few good outfits out there that do this, and I want something specific. So, I'd like either instructions or a link to a tutorial or something that'll help me learn to make clothing from just the body meshes. Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is a stupid request. Smiley

Momorat - Noun. Roleplaying freak, vampire wannabe, nerd, and bibliophile extraordinaire. :study:
Please for the love of all things holy in this godforsaken world, join my RP, Mount Olympus!
What do you mean vampires don't exist!? How dare you!? Blashpemer!!!
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 12:04:49 am »

First, make sure that you have clothing based on the desired mesh in the game.

The program that does the magic is called "Body Shop."  You open it through the system menu.  

Start->All Programs->EA Games->(your newest EP)->Body Shop.

I don't have Body Shop open in front of me, so do what looks right or sensible if you can't find the buttons I describe.  You can also get more info by hovering over things.

Click "Create Content."
Click "Create Clothing."
Click the Male Symbol and the teen silhouette.
Choose the existing outfit that uses the mesh you like.
Click "Export."
A folder name will appear in the window.  Write it down!
Type a good tool tip (Maybe Momorat-TeenBB-somethingdescriptive).
Switch to Windows Explorer (or My Computer) and navigate to the folder.
Open the bitmap files with a paint program.  
Make your modifications.  Save.  Switch back to Body Shop to check them by clicking the circular arrow button.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  
When you like the way it looks in Body Shop, click "Import."

I like to save my bitmaps in case I discover an error after the skin has been in play for a while.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 08:13:19 am »

Moving this over to the Mesh Creation & Recoloring Help section, as this will fit in better there.  There's also a few tips in our Tutorials section, and even more over at MTS2. Wink

Momorat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 06:12:03 pm »

Oops. I didn't even know this section existed. *looks around* I really need to get out of the RP'ing section more...

Miros, thanks, that helped a lot. I was able to make my outfit and it actually looked almost halfway decent. Smiley

Momorat - Noun. Roleplaying freak, vampire wannabe, nerd, and bibliophile extraordinaire. :study:
Please for the love of all things holy in this godforsaken world, join my RP, Mount Olympus!
What do you mean vampires don't exist!? How dare you!? Blashpemer!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: