Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:11:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with castaway water and game locking  (Read 3019 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BlueTwo

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2008, 06:36:38 pm »

Hello, I am hoping someone here can help me solve my castaway problem. I took my castaway game off my desktop and put it on my new laptop-(which has much better spec's than my 8 yr old desktop!)  I had saved my games data so after loading the game I put in my saved data and all was well except in the island views of both islands I no longer have any beaches. The water has risen to cover all the beach lots-all you see are the trees and house roofs if it had buildings on it. I have played around with the grapics and can't figure it out. When I enter one of the flooded lots it is normal (not flooded).
 I remember reading a forum post somewhere a month or 2 ago about this problem happening when they had somehow loaded a water amimation from castaways in BV. I remember there was fix and was hoping it would work for CS to but now can't find the post. I had thought maybe one of the few cc I have in was the problem but after taking them all out I still have the problem.  
I am not sure if this is the same problem or a different one but often now when I try to enter a lot or have my sims visit another lot the game goes to the lot but the play area stay black and locks up my game-the motives and such display at the bottom just not the play area.  Both of these problems started after I put the game on my laptop. The laptop has more than ample specs to run this-I could run Sims 2 on it if I wanted without a problem. It's very frusterating as the game was made to play on laptops and now that I have it on one it has all these problems.

So does anyone know how to fix this or am I just going to have to uninstall the game? Thanks for any help you can give me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: