Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 01:09:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Furnichre in Apartment invisible?  (Read 2187 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
downunder2006

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2008, 11:55:23 pm »

I built a retirement village Apartment from scratch, all furnishings are in game and basic at that! There were only 4 apartments with there own small bathrooms which contain 1 shower a toilet and a sink,the bedrooms only have a bed side table and a wall TV and a sofa.

The Kitchen is a shared kitchen in common area,and same with the dining area ,then there is a  shared computer room, and a gaming room with a bar and pool table and card table also an area like a lounge room.

Anyway my sim was able to access  the kitchen and cook all his meals he could also access the buffet table,Mind you he was being charged for all of the food.  and at the time it was all visible for me to see,
then when the landlord turned up  to do maintenance, and there were 3 other sims visible looking at the other apartments, but it only shows my sim residing there,all the furnishings turned invisible, and including the kitchen that the sim can no longer use?

But the funniest thing he can get food from the buffet table,he can see it but i can't? and use the invisible table and go to use the piano that is not visible Etc?  

There is also a shared pool that is fine he can go swimming.

The other thing is he wanted to buy a car but i am unable to place it on the driveway,do i have to place cars before sims move into apartments for them to be able to use.
Or this is not possible because the landlord owns the property?

And is it not possible for sims to share all facilities?In the common area!

Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated I am so dumbfounded on this one.:dontknow:

I totally don't want to waste my time building apartments that don't have visible furnishings!  

here's the snapshots of the invisible dining, Now you see it,now you don't lol :smt120.

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:38:25 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
~simaholic

Runaway Slave

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 10:40:55 pm »

Wowsers Smiley Well lets see if I can help you out. I have noticed that your walls are up, are you at that moment on  second story view and just zooming into your sims apartment, because all stuff appears invisible on the bottom story if you go up a level. Go completely down to the story he is at, and see if you have your furniture then

About the cars, You need to place them in the driveways when building the apartment, your sim can then click on the car and own it even if he is not in the apartment where the driveway is, as the drive way is a communial area.

If you would like your sims to move into the house with all the furniture you placed including the not so basic ones then do the following. Type in the cheat boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and then shift/click on the apartment door and select rent furnished apartment. Then you will have a fully furnished apartment exactly like the one you very pain mistakenly furnished while building the apartment. Just remember to enter the cheat boolprop testingcheatsenabled false in again afterwards

I hope this helped you out in any way Smiley
downunder2006

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 04:27:51 am »

Quote from: ~simaholic;1432167
Wowsers Smiley Well lets see if I can help you out. I have noticed that your walls are up, are you at that moment on  second story view and just zooming into your sims apartment, because all stuff appears invisible on the bottom story if you go up a level. Go completely down to the story he is at, and see if you have your furniture then

About the cars, You need to place them in the driveways when building the apartment, your sim can then click on the car and own it even if he is not in the apartment where the driveway is, as the drive way is a communial area.

If you would like your sims to move into the house with all the furniture you placed including the not so basic ones then do the following. Type in the cheat boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and then shift/click on the apartment door and select rent furnished apartment. Then you will have a fully furnished apartment exactly like the one you very pain mistakenly furnished while building the apartment. Just remember to enter the cheat boolprop testingcheatsenabled false in again afterwards

I hope this helped you out in any way Smiley

Hi ~Simaholic,thank you so much for the response, the only problem is the apartments are all single story ? and the problem is in common areas the shared areas, if i am making sense here. This is the communal dining area where all the sims can get together,the same problem occurs in the games room,which is also shared.

The furnichure in the  single apartments  shows up,I don't have a problem with that at all :smile: it is all the areas that are shared by all the sims.

so i really don't know what to do about that one? lol..

As for the cars, thank you for the info I appreciate your help there ,that is great to know,and i will defiantly try this out.:smile:
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 08:27:00 am »

I've used the FFS Lot Debugger from MATY to force errors on all in-world objects to make invisible objects visible again.
downunder2006

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 11:52:59 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1433413
I've used the FFS Lot Debugger from MATY to force errors on all in-world objects to make invisible objects visible again.

Thank you so much ancienthighway for your help :smile: much appreciated.  
I will defiantly try the FFS Lot Debugger out,hopefully this solves the problem!

And Thanks for your help once again, on the few technical problems I have had in the past few weeks.:smile:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: