Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 06:08:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't place apartment lots in University area  (Read 2199 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
blizt3r

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2008, 05:22:02 am »

I can't place any apartment lots in University area, is that normal or ? Any way/hack to do it if it is ?
missaaliyah

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 07:02:25 am »

No, students cant rent apartments in the university area.  But there are hacks, I think by Squinge or in his section that allow students to stay at home and go to college from home instead.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 08:24:33 am »

I've converted some of the campus residential lots to apartments and everything worked fine.  I've built apartments on campus and everything worked fine.  By everything working fine, I mean my YA were able to rent an apartment on campus and live there.  Other tenants and roommates by default will be a social class adult.  I haven't looked into any hacks that may allow dormies instead.

One thing I haven't tried is to place a prebuilt apartment on campus.  That may not be possible because University uses the specialty lot bin for dorms.  But if you change lot zoning on an apartment lot to residential, place it on campus, then change lot zoning back to apartmentbase, it should work fine.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: