Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 09:39:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Running a business tips?  (Read 1478 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cuddles

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2008, 11:06:08 am »

Hey everyone,

I know I’m a little late in getting into the business thing in Sims 2 but I have never been that good at it.

One issue I have always had, if anyone can enlighten me on why this happens to me, when I hire employees and let them go on a break they never come back without my sim having to yell at them to get back to work. This is even though I use insimenator to max all their moods and pay them the highest wage, I also always make best friends with them. I think that is what has always stopped me from going to a community business lot (I have always played home biz lots so far).

Anyways, my question is pretty simple, to all you other simmers who have run successful businesses, what kinds of tips can you give me. Also if someone wrote a nice little tutorial about it that would help too (I was searching google for a good biz tutorial without any luck except I’m sure they are out there).

Thanks in advance! :-P
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 11:07:07 am by cuddles » Logged

If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing slowly . . . very slowly - Gypsy Rose Lee
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 11:13:24 am »

I had the same problem. I just quit sending them on breaks. Maybe this will help - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080421173927AATfzdp and this one - http://compsimgames.about.com/od/gamereviews/fr/openforbusiness.htm is a tutorial of sorts that explains the EP and how to use it and run a sims busines.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 11:38:47 am by jamesabrown1 » Logged
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 01:09:14 pm »

There's a hack called "businessrunsyou" that might help.

When you're running a business in your house, decorate your house first and stock your store.  Then start the business.  This way, only the actual costs of running the business count against the money you make at the store.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: