Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 07:16:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jump Bug and More?  (Read 5162 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« on: October 17, 2008, 10:44:49 pm »

Ok I know have a full fledged jump bug haven't had one since I first got the sims. I ran the hack thing found out i had must of been in a download two conflicts one was an old insim and another a stereo. I took them out deleted my old neighborhood files. I deleted the cache etc files. And I still have the darn thing. I recently did the AL patch from sims 2 site. Also all of a sudden the little photo of sim will change like I changed its appearance but I did not anyone else have that problem?
Question is it any of my hacks conflicting or what? Thank you for any help on this...
here are the current stuff I use:

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 10:50:02 pm by Care » Logged

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 02:21:10 am »

MQ_Computer_Global_Sims_Controller.package is known to have problems under certain conditions.  It's not really needed as all it does it put the Work at Home menu on the active and target sims.  Try renaming that.

With AL, you will probably want to check all of your hacks to get updated versions.  Twojeffs (http://www.simlogical.com) has updated a large number of his and I see a couple of them in your list.

With Monique no longer around, I updated the Child Support mod and created a Social Services variant to hide the father's name.  Both are available on my site, and the Child Support for AL is also available on InSIM.

I believe LordDarcy (http://www.maty.com) has updated a couple of her slot mods for AL also.

If you still have the problems after getting the updated versions, it would be useful if you captured the error by enabling the testing cheats and attaching the created object error file to your next post.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 02:59:51 pm »

*prods ancient with her elbow* Don't forget Chaavik also updated Monique's computers to work with AL. They're over here in Squinge's section.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 03:07:41 pm »

That's true, but seeing as some of those mods Care has are the new shinies from the Dork, I figured she has the updated computer.  (But that one file still doesn't work right all the time.)
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 03:39:49 am »

I know the OP most likely has outdated hacks and all that but none of that is causing the so-called problem.

The "problem", as stated in the first post, is that the sim's icon in the family portrait and in the control panel updates itself as if the sim had changed appearance. This is not a problem or a bug but the game working normally. EVERYBODY who has Apartment Life is experiencing this. People are requesting hacks to stop this from happening and Squinge is working on it.

There is no "problem" or bug here that is solvable by updating or removing hacks. The OP either has to live with it or uninstall AL if it's that annoying. Or wait until someone comes up with a solution for the Maxis game code that causes this.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 05:12:18 am »

You're right Engram.  Kinda of.  Care started off by saying a "full fledged jump bug".  The changing icon "problem" seemed secondary when I posted my response.  One can play with the changing icon, even if they don't like it.  Jump bugs caused by mod conflicts is a different and more serious issue.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 07:16:56 am »

I just found the way Care worded it very confusing. Started off saying "jump bug" and somehow this led into describing the sim portrait changing. Kinda sounded like they were describing one continuous problem.

How about taking out all the hacks and seeing if the jump bug is still there? Could be a corrupt hood or something, especially if all the hacks are updated. I've had the jump bug in a hood where the only CC on the account was a bunch of clothing and posing boxes because the hood itself had corrupted rather suddenly. Also, how about turning on debug mode and posting the error log from the errors being thrown by the sims. Care says she has the "full on jump bug" but doesn't say what is actually happening (which was why I thought she was erroneously describing the portrait updating as being the jump bug). When do the sims reset? When interacting with each other? When interacting with objects? Do they jump when attempting to do Free Time idle animations (I've had that one before)?

Also, just by looking at that hack list, according to LordDarcy:

zLdDarcy_MaxisMoreDecoSlot_Overrides.package (Only needed for FT or later EP)

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 \TSData\Res\Overrides
  (or the corresponding folder on your system if your game isn't installed in C:\Program Files)

That file should NOT be with the other hacks, but should be moved to Overrides, as per Lord Darcy's instructions. Could be what's causing the jump bug - improperly installed hack.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Care

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 12:29:46 pm »

Sorry about the confusion wasn't sure how to word it I guess. Ok I should pay better attention moved the hack to the overrides like Engram pointed out. I also updated all hacks; Thought I had. Renamed the file as ancient suggested not sure if I did that right?
So my other concern had no part in jump bug didn't know that cause it was new for me.
with all that said I still have a jump bug here is the log file any suggestions now?

they jump while interacting eating etc.. I will try taking out the mods..

Log attached:

* ObjectError_E001_t58701.txt (144.75 KB - downloaded 112 times.)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 12:46:08 pm by Care » Logged

Care

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 12:30:01 pm »

Ok I took out my mods it seems to work now so will go through them later Thank you...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 01:00:02 pm by Care » Logged

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 03:25:13 pm »

How old is Jason? Character file #20 is hood E001? Is he a teen? At the time of the error, was there a teen and an adult on the lot who could be attracted to one another (ie. not flagged as family)?

The reason I ask is this part of the code in the error log:

Object id: 1034
name: E001_User00020 - Jason
Stack size: 8
Error: Invalid constant.
Iterations: 180
  Frame 7:
    Stack Object id: 124
    Stack Object name: Door - 1 Tile - Apartment - 0, 0 - Lead
    Node: 18
    Tree: id 1648 name 'Apartments - Auto STR/LTR Check' version -32758
    from global
    Prim state: 0
    Params: 1502 1034    Locals: 25 124 11 0 1 48 1736 100 0
  Frame 6:
    Stack Object id: 1502
    Stack Object name: Bed - Double - Oriental - F - Head
    Node: 9
    Tree: id 8194 name 'Test - Sleep Available?' version -32749
    from BedGlobals
    Prim state: 0
    Params: 0    Locals: 1502
  Frame 5:
    Stack Object id: 1502
    Stack Object name: Bed - Double - Oriental - F - Head
    Node: 33
    Tree: id 8245 name 'Interaction - Relax' version 46

It's somehow related to either ACR or InTeen. That code indicates to me that some sort of mod that allows autonomous romantic interactions got Jason to check his SRT/LTR towards someone, chose a double bed and was going to "Relax", ie. autonomous woo hoo.

Did you have InTeen in before you installe AL? If yes, go to the Overrides folder for your previous newest EP (ie. FT or whatever) and check in there. There is one file from InTeen that also goes into Overrides (the zzzInteen_G.package or whatever the heck it's called, can't remember now). It could be that you have leftover InTeen Code, causing conflicts.

If it's not leftover InTeen, it's ACR - because that's definitely code indicative of autonomous woo hoo. Also - if you still have InTeen installed, take it out. It hasn't been updated yet (unless it was in the last 24 hours, I haven't checked in the last day or so).

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 03:31:29 pm »

That particular error is cause when a sim is aged, usually to make teen.  It began happening with AL.  During the de-aging process, aspirations are removed also.  So you have a sim running around with no aspiration and causing problems.  

Check the sims involved.  Check any townies that may have aged with you sims, too.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 04:22:48 pm »

Ahhh... That would explain it. Question - who is Jason and is he controllable? If he's not controllable, then try using either debug mode or InSim to make him controllable.

I had a similar sort of problem when I used debug mode and the mailbox to generate townies a few months back. It generated a batch of townies with no LTWs or turn ons/offs. Everyone kept throwing errors any time a townie walked onto the lot because ACR was checking for attraction. The solution was to make each and every single townie controllable even for a second, as this forced the creation of LTWs and turn ons/offs. Using the spawnable NPC and Townie creator - much better, the townies generate normally.

Care

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 07:01:01 pm »

He's in one of the apartments that comes with AL I made him controllable still had problems.. I don't understand what the actual problem is I guess? What is ACR?? No I do not have inteen but yeah I did at one time so maybe I do have something left over somewhere? But why did it stop when i took my mods folder out?
 Jason was an adult sim has a kid wife etc just was testing stuff out was a new hood and everything?

adding: I found it you were right Engram I did have that inteen in an older version  override folder of the sims. it's gone now wow I am surprised it didn't mess my game up a lot sooner... Thank you everyone.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 07:12:43 pm by Care » Logged

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 07:08:53 pm »

The problem is you have a sim, whether a playable or townie, running around without an aspiration.  Because aspirations are used to calculate attraction, the error is pretty much continuous.

Make all the sims on the lot selectable and ensure they all have a primary aspiration.  If they don't use InSIM, Sim Blender, or the testing cheats to give that sim one.

The error is not related in any way to Automatic Casual Relationships (ACR - http://www.simbology.com) or Inteen.
Care

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 02:51:53 pm »

Ok Thank you Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: