Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 08:44:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Young Adult to Adult keep College Money, no 20k  (Read 5288 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
UCFit

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2008, 11:27:25 am »

I would like my young adults to keep their money balance when transitioning to Adults after graduation.  Now, with AL, you don't necessarily need that much money, and in any case, new grads don't usually have 20 grand handy.

Is is possible.
Please? Smiley

Thank you.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 05:58:43 pm »

Pescado already has one - it's been out for some time. You can get it as part of his director's cut and is called no20khandouts Smiley

I don't know if it balances out the funds they already have in Uni though. I do know that at some point the money's kept.

No requests please
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 06:43:16 pm »

This is a different request. Pes's No20khandout mod prevents Sims from having $20,000 on hand when moving out/in, meaning that the Sims do not have that $20,000 on hand to move into a new home. If my Sim left a house that had no funds to begin with, then my Sim does not get 20k in free money to move in.

The OP wants a mod to keep the money earned through money-raising activities in college instead of getting 20k free handouts. The OP wants the Sims to have the same amount of money he/she had in college.

If I understand correctly what the OP meant in his/her request.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 08:52:31 pm »

JMP's hack gives you 1/nth of the household funds (n being the number of Sims on the lot) when they move out.  It doesn't work correctly when moving between Uni lots (the household funds on the old lot decrease, but the new lot doesn't gain money when the Sim moves in via the Neighborhood screen) and my Sims always arrive back in the main neighborhood penniless unless I buy some expensive junk for them to take home via inventory.

I'd like newly minted Adults to take part of their college money back home to start their new lives too.  As it is, my hereditary frats quickly become fat-cat luxury hangouts.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 08:56:30 pm »

Okay, that is what I thought. I will have Mr Squinge take a look into this sometimes. When he will do that, I don't know, but we would appreciate your patience to wait for a reply.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 01:17:31 pm »

Ooh, right. Damn. I know as it stands, the distribution of Uni earned funds is skewed, so that only the remaining sims take the funds with - or, at least, something gets added to their 20k :scratch:

In which case, I'd like this too Cheesy

No requests please
UCFit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 10:14:34 am »

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

It drives me crazy to work so hard to lose all the money, and then get more money than I need or would be realistic enough.

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: