Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 01:56:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Error Logs Help!  (Read 7953 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Janis2005

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2008, 04:09:45 pm »

I have tried running the game with only Maxis recolours and the game still crashes. I have looked at the error logs and it seems to be a problem with audio files, but I have no idea how to deal with this. It seems to pick out Karaoke and Disco Booth and states that there are duplicates of the sound, but I don`t know how to find the problem. How do I attach the log to this post? I have tried several times but it keeps coming up as Invalid file.:worship:
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 04:17:12 pm »

Click on go advanced, then manage attachments, browse then upload.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Janis2005

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 04:50:59 pm »

OK here goes!  It did it this time! Thank you.:worship:

* TEST-NWSKZWEW6Z-config-log.txt (10.18 KB - downloaded 164 times.)
* Sims2Exception 2008.10.18 21.25.25.txt (11.69 KB - downloaded 179 times.)
Janis2005

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 05:06:43 pm »

I forgot to upload the Apps Error log, I have tried and tried but it still comes up as invalid file.
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 11:48:27 pm »

This is exactly the same error I have been having, but I have got all custom content installed. The application crashed three times on the same family, but at different times of the 'sim' day. What the heck?
Edit: Is it because I haven't installed the patch yet? I am downloading it right now.

And I have no hacks installed (not even insim yet) except for spiral stair animations? this has only happened today, I just bought AL last week.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 11:54:58 pm by discowhipped » Logged

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
Janis2005

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 09:17:09 am »

Well, I`m going on holiday to Florida for a couple of weeks. I`ll check back when I return and hopefully my brain will kick back into gear once it`s had a rest!
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 09:56:36 pm »

So... No further light can be shed on the situation as of yet? Gah! I will test out other families when I have time to go on and see it's not just that same family. But I do not under any circumstances, want to reinstall. It would kill me. Cheesy

I haven't installed the patch, because I've been reading horror stories!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 09:59:38 pm by discowhipped » Logged

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
sassyred
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 11:37:24 pm »

Since I have had AL, bout a month now< I have had to uninstall and reinstall at least once a week, happened again today  that after playing my game last night, buliding and decorating/furnishing, not actual playing with my family.....I could not get my game to load...it didn't crash...it just simply will not load, I checked in my tasks and it starts running gets to 100 three times and stops! I took out my downloads, collections and groups and cache files...restarted and it ran, I enabled cc and quit, put the files back in and it would not run, it only ran after I chose to keep the group and cache files out!  Is this why my game keeps crashing and not wanting to reload after playing for a while?What are the purposes of these files if we can remove them and not disturb our lots/ games?
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 11:53:40 pm »

You need to attach the files that have a name like "ObjectError_N373_t206718.txt"

anacon32

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 09:24:08 pm »

I am having a problem as well with my game crashing. It happened once when I instructed my business owning sim to clean a messy counter on the business lot, when I told another sim to do the smustle with the DJ booth in a bar I built, and today when I tried to get my sim to interract with another sim in the Central Park Plaza. I looked at my error logs and all I see are audio errors. No object errors. It seems these crashes have something to do with directing my sims to do something (clean, dance or talk with another CAS sim). If anyone has any helpful hints, please share!!!

Oh, I thought it may have something to do with the size of my virtual memory paging file but I recently increased that to WAAAAY more than I am actually using so I don't think that would be the problem.
mrssittin1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 06:38:20 pm »

Squinge, could you be more specific, sorry, i don't understand what you mean, i keep getting errors in my game and sometimes it will crash. I did download the newest patch and still having the same probs.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 08:05:19 pm »

Go to the folder "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs" to locate the error logs they will have a name like "ObjectError_N004_t9245.txt"

mrssittin1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 03:01:39 pm »

ok, Thank you Squinge
Janis2005

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 09:52:14 am »

Hi I`m back. I have no files in logs with those names. I have only AppErrors.log and AudioErrors.log and neither of these will upload.Would it help if I just copied and pasted the content of the log?
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 08:50:33 pm »

No you need to play with testing cheats enabled by pressing control shift c then type boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true in the cheat window, then press enter. Play the game if an error occurs the game will make an error log.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: