Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:21:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP mega glitch romantic problem  (Read 1191 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mochi is yum

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2008, 05:49:38 pm »

If anyone could help me with this problem then I would be so thankful to you!!  Problem:  I uploaded some things this morning and used Clean Installer, when I played everything was fine until my sims would kiss or flirt and some other things would activate this glitch that would happen where if I click on kiss it makes the sim move and the task disappers then if I click on the sim the whole menu is messed up the only things it says is kiss, hug, flirt, talk and maybe one other thing but everything else is missing!  I have no idea what I uploaded that could have caused this so please, if you know just tell me how I can get rid of this.:chainsaw:

rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 06:41:33 pm »

If what you recently added to your game includes new lots, well, those sometimes come with hacks and stuff that can glork your game (using Clean Installer and choosing 'lot only' for installation helps to avoid that).

Anyway, first thing to do is to temporarily move what you most recently added to your Downloads folder to someplace else on your computer, then run the game and see if the problem has been resolved.

If it has, then put back in the stuff you removed a chunk at a time until  you re-create the problem, then remove smaller chunks of the files you put back in that re-create the problem until the problem is resolved, and so on.

Repeat with smaller and smaller chunks of files until you can narrow it down to the actual culprit, and delete that offending file.

Should you find it of help as a process, I generally create a new sub-folder in Downloads named with the date when I add new custom content, as that makes it easier to find when these problems occur.  After checking that all is hunky-dory with that new custom content, then I move the files in that new sub-folder to the sub-folders I've previously created where I feel they belong and delete the empty date-named file.

Also, to help with slow load time, make sure that nothing but .package files are in your Downloads folder (and, if you've used Clean Isntalller to disable them, .off files). No zip files, no rar files, no Sims2pack files, no txt files, no jpg files, no bmp files, etc. Those just take up space in Downloads and do nothing but cause game bloat by sitting there.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 06:51:34 pm by rwills » Logged
mochi is yum

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 07:42:52 pm »

Ok thanks so much! I'll try it out tonight!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: