Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 04:10:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: View art without hobby interest  (Read 4020 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dizi

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2008, 11:10:02 am »

Okay, so previously I requested to be able to have sims view art from home. This was a misunderstanding on my part on what had changed in the game. I have since figured out what others most likely already understood. The problem is that the sim must have some interest in the Arts and Crafts hobby in order to be able to view any art. So its necessary to get an easel or something and have them work on it just enough that they develop enough interest to view the paintings and sculpture I decorate their home it.

Soooo, if its possible and if you are so inclined, I would like for sims to be able to view art without having to develop the hobby interest first. Since that is how most people would develop such an interest in the first place, it seems a little weird that they have to paint a picture in order to be able to look at somone else's work. Personally, I'm not the least bit artistic but I love going to the museum and craft shows to see what other people have done.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
~dizi

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 03:51:29 pm »

They can view it without the hobby interest its just that the game advertises higher for sims with the art hobby.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 04:03:48 pm »

Maybe I have something wrong in my game then. I put some pictures up on the walls of one of my sims houses and they couldn't view it until they got some hobby interest. The pointer stayed greyed out until then, so there was no option to interact with it. I don't have any mods relating to art of any kind so I'm not sure what could be wrong if its not part of the game.
~dizi

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 06:03:19 pm »

Strange try playing with testing cheats enabled & let me know if you get an error.

Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 06:36:54 pm »

Found the problem. It was one of those "hidden" files that are all mixed up letter and numbers, you know? Hate those. Got rid of it and now its working right! Man, and here I had been thinking for almost 6 months that EAxis had made one of those stupid changes.
Thanks!
~dizi

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 06:40:49 pm »

Your welcome & thanks for letting me know Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: