Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:54:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Menu Problems  (Read 6930 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
sleighill

View Profile WWW
« on: October 19, 2008, 01:19:01 pm »

Hi again...
while playing AL...whenever I point or go near a sink...I get continuous popups
numbered from 1 to 15 or so stating " I don't own this property"...the last popup being
"no one can own this property"...annoying!

Lastly...
whenever I go near or point to the AL/or any closet...I get an error message and have to reset the sim???...annoying!

Most likely a hack problems...but I'll let the experts judge?

Thanks for any light shed on these issues.

Those who judge others...do so to mask their own insecurities.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 12:18:46 am »

If you can attach the file "CustomContentObjects.txt" located in the folder "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs" to your reply I may be able to help you.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 01:22:38 am »

Do you have Squinge's old Buy Maternity Clothes hack? It had worked for me up until FT but it conflicts with AL closets because of the new closet woo hoo option. If you have it, take it out and see if your closets are fixed.

Edit: I feel kinda weird posting that right after Squinge's post... LOL
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 01:25:17 am by Engram » Logged

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 02:04:27 am »

lol & yeah that isn't compatible Tongue

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 02:29:00 am »

'Twas a good hack, though Smiley I thought I'd try it when I first installed AL and then my closets went haywire.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 02:31:25 am by Engram » Logged

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
sleighill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 11:12:22 am »

Thanks both of you for the responses...I will check for the old hack...and I shall also post the .txt for you Squinge...as this is maddening.

sleighill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 06:14:34 pm »

Quote from: sleighill;1427883
Thanks both of you for the responses...I will check for the old hack...and I shall also post the .txt for you Squinge...as this is maddening.

Squinge...below is the error I get...below that is my CC hacks.

Build: 1.16.0.179
at Jul 26 2008,05:37:11

Object id: 123
name: Controller - CLP - Community Lot - Populator
Stack size: 8
Error: No stack object present when required.
Iterations: 0
  Frame 7:
    Stack Object id: 2115
    Node: 23
    Tree: id 8256 name 'CT - Assign Job and Level' version -32754
    from JobDataGlobals
    Prim state: 0
    Params: 2115 3    Locals: -17138 27806 60
  Frame 6:
    Stack Object id: 60
    Stack Object name: JobData - Adult - Criminal
    Node: 4
    Tree: id 4267 name 'CT - EP8 - Assign Job' version -32758
    from ControllerTownieGenerator
    Prim state: 1
    Params: 32739 2115    Locals: 3
  Frame 5:
    Stack Object id: 2115
    Node: 1
    Tree: id 4263 name 'EP8 - Jobs - Give Job if Unemployed & Social Group' version -32752
    Params: 32739 2115    Locals: 0 0
  Frame 4:
    Stack Object id: 0
    Node: 7
    Tree: id 4255 name 'EP8 - Populate Specified Apartment Townie Pool' version -32754
    Params: 32739    Locals: 0 2 8 32739 2115
  Frame 3:
    Node: 38
    Tree: id 4250 name 'EP8 - Populate Apartment Townies if Needed' version -32750
    Params:    Locals: 32739 0 18 19 19 19 19 19 4
  Frame 2:
    Node: 13
    Tree: id 4133 name 'Function - Load' version -32749
    Params:    Locals:
  Frame 1:
    Node: 0
    Tree: id -1 name 'No behavior' version 0
    from
    Prim state: 1
    Params:    Locals:
  Frame 0:
    Node: 0
    Tree: id 4097 name 'Function - Main' version -32720
    Params:    Locals: 0 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

* CustomContentObjects.txt (525.11 KB - downloaded 8388 times.)

sleighill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 06:20:32 pm »

Squinge...per our conversation on 10 21 08...In that same post I've uploaded the error I get and the info you requested.  I do hope it's not too much to add to the site...and I do hope I did it correctly...please inform me...I had work in Columbus...so I couldn't get done before today...sorry for the delay.

Now...my Community Lots are not loading...the hourglass churns away for hours and nothing!  

When I move my Sims to a vacant lot or any lot...it lags as well....just never loads.

Still get the error messages when I point to any sink...or closet.  Oh God!

Thanks for any help you may offer...and if none...I totally understand.  Smooches.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 06:22:40 pm by sleighill » Logged

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 10:20:38 pm »

The error with the sink and ownership is caused by one of two hacks, neither of which should be in your game, test_game_edition_flags.package, and test_engines.package.

Did you by chance use the cheat deleteAllCharacters when you started your neighborhood?  That cheat has been broken for quite awhile now and will cause CLP errors.  I'm not sure if there is a fix for it, I always started a new 'hood when I got it until I figured out it broke.
sleighill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 10:33:07 pm »

Thank you ancienthighway...I'm not sure if they are there or not...I certainly didn't put em' there unless they came with a hack.  I will check.  I have never used the above mentioned cheat...no need to. So I don't know...the only cheats I use are basic...
snapgrid cheat
moveobjects cheat
I renamed my Sims2 Folder and went in game and all worked fine...so it has to be a hack I put in.  Could you look in the file I've attached and decipher anything?   I'm so lost at this point, I just want someone who knows what the hell they are doing to help me instead of me messing things up.  This has been happening since I put in the df_addon that goes with his mods "allow toddlers/pets on community lots"...so I asked him for advice...and guess who got on the line and blew it up??? "NUMENOR himself...almost cursing me out for even mentioning it could be this.  No help offered towards the problem, just a firm "it ain't this hack".  So...there you have it!
I will see what I can from this end...and I truly thank you for the advice and the quick help that no one on any other site has had time to give.
Much thanks.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 11:41:34 pm »

If you installed the df mods as dumbfool/nobody/dickhurt said to, those "test" files will be in the AddOn folder.  Try removing the df mods completely and see what happens.

Looking at your custom content, this are some problems I see right off the top:
woohooteens is not compatible with AL.
MQ_Plan_Outfit_Everyday_Thumbnail_Refresh isn't needed unless you have something to stop AL's refreshing of the thumbnail.
MQ_Computer_Global_Sims_Controller.package can cause errors, you should delete it.  It's not needed for the computer to function.
3Wintermuteai1-Mailbox-Global-Mod-SEASONS.package I'm sure is incompatible.  If you need a replacement mailbox and trashcan for AL, head to my site.  There's another one floating around too.

There may be others that aren't compatible with AL, but I don't use most of the hacks you do so I can't say.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 01:38:22 am »

Not as experienced at this as ancienthighway but....

You have Buy Maternity Clothes in there - as I said before, this is what is most likely causing your closets to go crazy. As Squinge said - not compatible, take it out. I also noticed you have Shaklin's sectional sofa global as well as Inge's in there. They may be conflicting. You have a "no spin when changing" hack as well as another "no spin into outerwear" hack. That first one should probably do the job for you, I'm not sure what the duplication is doing, but again, this may be interfering with closets because you have two hacks attempting to control the one clothing changing behaviour. You have "adults go steady" and "adults go steady plus marriage traditional" - again, don't know the hacks, but this looks like it's duplicating functions. Also, you have both Smonaff's Jealousy Check and TJ's Maxis Cheating Fix - it says in Smonaff's hack description that his hack will conflict with other hacks that do jealousy checks. Still on the duplicated mods - you have rebecah's toddler uses staris and the toddlers + baby pets use stairs. According to rebecah's download description these two versions conflict with one another and you need to take out the toddler-only version.

I don't know many of the hacks that you have, but a lot of them have NL and OFB, etc in their names. Unless these have been stated by the creator to be compatible with later EPs, you really need to track them down and download updated versions. Sometimes a hack will keep on working for several EPs but then an EP will change a tiny bit of code and it will no longer be compatible. Squinge's Buy Maternity Clothes is a good example. it worked right up until FT and then AL broke it. I think you need to get rid of your duplicate hacks, get rid of the conflicting ones, get rid of and/or update the incompatible/outdated ones, and then check again if you're still having problems.

sleighill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 01:32:36 pm »

Golly jee!  You guys are awesome in your attentiveness...and I thank you both.

ancienthighway...I will purge those hacks.

Engram...that Buy Maternity Clothes was the new one just put out.  I didn't have the old one...but I'll get rid of it...and all the other hacks posted.
I shall also update what's available.

Thanks you two so much for the help offered...from the bottom of my heart.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 02:14:58 pm »

I'm sorry to say the help provided by Engram and myself don't directly address the CLP error you're having.  With luck cleaning up the files we mentioned will resolve the problem.  

If you don't have it already, get Paladin's Hack Conflict Detection Utility (http://www.simwardrobe.com).  It will help identify potential conflict between your hacks that may be interfering with your game play.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 03:21:43 pm »

Oooh! Didn't know there was a new Buy Maternity hack. That's good to know. If it's a new one, then you can probably keep it.

I think it would be best for you to use the 50/50 method on your hacks. And to perhaps throw them into subfolders by site and/or creator. That's how I keep mine organised and it takes me very little time to track down problem hacks because I put in and take out whole folders, then once a folder is in and starts causing errors, I track down the culprit from a few, not from many.

The HCDU will help you to track down conflicting hacks, so it's a really good idea to grab it and use it. Just remember that you don't delete ALL the hacks that are shown as conflicting - just one of the conflicting pair. Also, some hacks are meant to conflict (eg. some of TJ's hacks will show as conflicting with Pescado's but work OK if loaded after Pescado's and once InTeen is updated, that shows the Flavor Packs as conflicting with InTeen but this is normal and not a problem) so you really need to check the threads or readme's for each and every hack you have so you know which conflicts are OK and which are not.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: