Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:57:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: mod/hack to stop the sims portrait from changing  (Read 5972 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mrnapolean1
« on: October 19, 2008, 01:37:45 pm »

mod/hack to stop the sims portrait or thumbnail or whatever they call it from changing when you change clothes and after taking a shower.:smt120

EDIT: btw my latest ep is Aparment life.
i have every ep exepct the pets expansion.

here is a example of my problem:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 01:23:46 am by mrnapolean1 » Logged
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 06:34:47 pm »

The next time you post a request, please INCLUDE your latest EP.

Anyways, I forgot to mention that Squinge and I have been looking into a safe alternative to keep the Sim's portrait from changing in the UI panel. I have a working mod that at least keep the portraits from changing. But it is a temporary mod until we find the one pose that seems to force the Sims into a "Bodyshop" pose with their arms straight out. Once that's found and fixed, then one of us will put this out as a possible test mod.

There are 8 poses for each age group (8 different faces), 5 for vampires, 3 for both lycans and werewolves. Haven't been able to locate any for plantsims since I believe they use the regular sim poses.

So it will be a bit of time to search for that pose and replace it with a better pose. Until then, we will look into it and get back with our findings.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 06:51:36 pm by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 08:58:19 pm »

This problem is definitely post-Seasons, my newest EP.  I actually have to use one of JMP's hacked objects to force-redraw the portrait when my Sim buys new clothes or changes hair and makeup.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 09:07:25 pm »

This problem has become a very annoying issue with AL, not just Seasons and higher. We're still exploring a way to make a safe mod using what I put together to keep the changing to a minimum with two poses. Still trying to find the one pose eluding the mod.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
mrnapolean1
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 03:50:40 am »

Quote from: Chaavik;1425965
This problem has become a very annoying issue with AL, not just Seasons and higher. We're still exploring a way to make a safe mod using what I put together to keep the changing to a minimum with two poses. Still trying to find the one pose eluding the mod.

havent heard from anyone in a week about a fix or a mod/hack for my problem. :smt120
BTW i have all eps (current Aparment Life) exepct the sims 2 pets.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 09:34:42 am »

Mr Squinge is still looking for one of the poses that was eluding the mod to replace with. When he does have the time to find that one pose and tell me what to replace with, then it will be more or less tested.  When it will be released, I won't know. Right now, the mod has 2 poses to switch to when the Sim changes into something or after the Sim finish taking a shower/bath, swimming and etc.

Dancing Squirrels
mrnapolean1
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 07:51:55 pm »

Quote from: Chaavik;1432416
Mr Squinge is still looking for one of the poses that was eluding the mod to replace with. When he does have the time to find that one pose and tell me what to replace with, then it will be more or less tested.  When it will be released, I won't know. Right now, the mod has 2 poses to switch to when the Sim changes into something or after the Sim finish taking a shower/bath, swimming and etc.

hey Chaavik, would you mind on sharing your temporary mod with me?:smt120
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 08:50:40 pm »

She is waiting until it is stable before posting it. You will have to wait Tongue

If you have a question about my mods post it here
mrnapolean1
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 09:45:04 pm »

Quote from: Squinge;1436475
She is waiting until it is stable before posting it. You will have to wait Tongue

ok. right now i modded my exe file so they dont change but i dont know how much longer this mod will hold. (ps i backed up my orginal exe first.):-P
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 11:05:02 pm »

good thing you did that Tongue

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 11:23:24 pm »

So far, the mod I put together appeared stable and safer than to edit an .exe file which is a very dangerous thing to do.

I will put this mod out as an "as is" mod with a description as to what it does and upload it after I take a few screenshots and put them together. The reason being is that I also replaced the poses the vampires, werewolves and zombies use with just one for each type of supernatural creature. Witches and Plantsims are treated as humans using the same poses as the normal Sims do.

However, there is one pose I could not find to replace with, but the game does shift between only two poses and isn't as annoying as the 8 poses the game cycles through. It's fairly reasonable to say that the Sim portraits don't shift very much, but they will upon loading the lot or after changing outfits.

The mod affects all age groups as well and doesn't put your game in any danger.

Dancing Squirrels
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 11:50:43 pm »

I still can't find that pose either Tongue

mrnapolean1
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 11:51:37 pm »

Quote from: Chaavik;1436602
So far, the mod I put together appeared stable and safer than to edit an .exe file which is a very dangerous thing to do.
Thank you
after i download your mod i will then delete my modded exe file and fall back onto my backup exe(the one i mentoned earlier.):angel:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 12:15:14 am by Squinge » Logged
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 12:11:35 am »

Okay, I will do that in a little bit. Was just coming out of testing another mod for Mr Squinge.

Dancing Squirrels
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 02:22:58 am »

UI Poses Override

Cheers! Cheesy

If you have any problems with this mod, please open a thread in the Mod Help section.

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: