Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 02:44:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No Custom Content? PLEASE read? =(  (Read 2037 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2008, 12:34:42 am »

When I got Apartment Life I was really excited, 'cept I can't use custom furniture or anything!! If I uninstall it and put it before Freetime then Freetime last with that fix the problem, or will I have to get a ptch, or do I have to live without custom content furniture?

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 12:39:58 am »

When you install a new EP, don't forget to Enable Custom Content and restart the game.

If you have done that, then pull your Downloads folder out of your game, start up Bodyshop, then close it (unless you decide to make a sim while there), and move everything that is in your Downloads you pulled out of the game, and put it into the new Downloads folder in the game path.  For some reason that's needed to be done with some people.

Delete the groups.cache and accessories.cache files and start up your game.  Don't forget to enable CC again and restart if you need to.
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 12:40:35 am »

Lemme try that..

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Whiteskunk247

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 12:32:36 pm »

I'm having the same problem. Have tons of customs from mts2, etc. which don't work on Apartment Life.

I miss, my animal and reptile sims.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 03:58:24 pm »

As ancienthighway said - enable your custom content. Skintones are base game compatible. So are many of those older accessories like tails, etc. Unless something is hacked so it might have conflicting BHAVS or whatever, if it's just straight up for changing a sim's appearance, it should remain compatible with whatever versions of the game it was compatible with in the first place.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 04:08:45 pm by Engram » Logged

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: