Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 12:01:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Cluedo: Murder in Disguise *MYSTERY SOLVED* (Winner: LouieLove)  (Read 23448 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Cluedo

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2008, 09:27:37 pm »

Alright, time for a little overview...

It is a cool, October night when Mr. Andrew Slate-Grey brings his close Quebec mate, M. Fredrick "Freddy" LaCoste over to Tudor Close for the Autumn festivities. Freddy is known for his playful spirit and taste for spicing things up. While, Tudor Close undergoes certain decoration, so does Freddy's appearance. Otherwise who can explain his sudden disappearance, but Colonel Mustard's constant reappearance?  Autumn is a season of change, and that most certainly applies to his new attire. However, what happens when Freddy LaCoste discovers that he is all dressed up, and no place to go except six feet under when he plays the role of victim for a...

VICTIM: M. Fredrick LaCoste

There will be some changes for this mystery. Rather than waiting an hour before making an accusation, you now must ask at least one question to a suspect before accusing. This applies for each accusation you make, not just the first. You can ask ANYTHING!
rachel631

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 06:15:58 am »

Great idea! Means that the games will last longer... it must be tough to come up with so many new ideas.
Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 01:14:46 pm »

Argh... not fair rachel! you always win! Smiley lol!

Congrats on the last  one though!

rachel631

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 04:06:16 am »

Actually, if you want to know how it was done, it's really simple!

Good detective storytellers (like Cluedo here!) always make the killer a person who isn't too obvious, but who says a strange thing or does a strange thing to arouse suspicion. That's how you get the person. Then you can derive a room and weapon from that, on best guess. Then it's just elimination.

I do it all the time with detective shows on TV... and it's a similar process with House... I can never get the final solution, but I often get the second or third final one... that's also the mark of great writing, how you almost get it but not quite!
Cluedo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 08:37:18 am »

Aww, thanks!

I do try to make them solvable, but I can't just let the answer out in the open or the game would be over too quickly.
Cluedo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 11:53:54 am »

Tudor Close
October 31th, 1911

GARDEN- 5:00 PM

By the end of October, the season of Autumn had brought itself into full swing. The leaves had evolved from their usual tone of green to the palettes of red, yellow and orange. The air was still pleasant, chilly...yet pleasant just the same. It was days like this that one would prefer to take air and have a calming afternoon stroll along a walkway to see the natural world change.  

That was just what Miss Charulata Scarlet and Colonel Clifford Mustard were doing.

"Are you sure your not too cold my dear, in that sari?" Col. Mustard asked, as the breeze picked up.

"Yes Colonel, I am most content," Miss Scarlet replied with a chuckle, "I have gotten used to the more forbidding climates of Canada."

Mustard smiled at this comment.

"You know, it has been almost three years since I brought you over here," He reminded, "And it was around this time of year...and we were wearing exactly the same thing as now. I remember now...that night when we were all heading off into the brush...and you came into my tent...half naked..."

Scarlet turned to him and giggled coyly.

"So just what are you getting at, action man?" She inquired playfully.

"Charla, I think it's about time you and I got married..." He said seriously.

"Married?" She replied, as though he just said something crazy.

"Yes, married," Mustard repeated, "I'm not getting any younger. My hair is starting to go grey, despite my best efforts. I've been a bachelor for one too many years. I've acomplished a lot in my life. Fought in the War, earned my respect. Now the only thing I can think of that would make me complete is a wife. I can't think of any woman other than you. You have, no objections do you?"

There was no reply. Just a kiss.  

Cluedo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 12:31:03 pm »

BALLROOM- 5:03 PM

Meanwhile, Mrs. Mary White was staring out the window of the Ballroom in disgusted jealousy. She hated Colonel Mustard. He was super-inflated, pompous piece of schlock. But on the other hand, he was manly, strong and attractive....with plenty of sex appeal. Just looking at him in his uniform made her want to scream! He possessed a far more dashing aura than her late husband, Charles White. If only he payed attention to her. But then, who ever cares about the lowly servant?

It was clear he was going for that deceitful tramp instead.

Cluedo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 03:18:48 pm »

FRONT GATES- 5:30 PM

Captain Bernard Brown was a ship commander by profession, but he had one other love on land; gardening. There was something quite calming about the simplicity of a flower compared to the crashing of harsh waves on an open sea. Even presented with a more menial task as collecting the fallen leaves was a pleasure to Brown. He was so engrossed in his task that he hardly even noticed that a new arrival to Tudor Close had shown up at the front gates....

"Pardon monsieur!" He called, "Could you open ze gates?"  

"Give me a minute now, laddy I'm comin!'" Brown replied back.

He got up from the ground and hurried over.

"You don't need my help really," Brown informed, "You just 'ave to lift the handle and give it a little jiggl.....old on a minute! Wat you doing here?"

The person before him was not a stranger at all.

"Pardon me, monsieur..." The man replied confused, "Are ve knowing zechother?"

Brown scoffed at this comment.

"Gaw, don't think I wouldn't remember you, now would you?" He muttered, "You were the most useless landlubber to ever join my fleet! You lazed all the day and did no work, and was a constant source of distraction and foolery  for the rest of the crew! Did nothing but joke around!  I'm surprised you weren't discharged any sooner! "

The man shrugged.

"That was a..... many years ago, capitaine" He insisted, "Things ave changed now. I've wisened up...as you would zay. Ha ha ha!"

"Half to see it to believe it," Brown snorted, "At any rate, I can't figure out what, yer ugly mug is doing here at Tudor Close!"

The man laughed.

"Oh Capitaine Braun always ze the joker are you? My nom iz not "ugly mug" it iz Fredrick LaCoste!. You may call me Freddy if you vish. Au revoir...for now."

With that he passed through the gates, and made his way up the steps.
Cluedo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 03:35:09 pm »

HALL- 5:32 PM

[size=18]Knock, knock, knock....knock, knock!! [/size]

Unlike Hogarth who usually is the one hired to open the door, it was Mrs. Ethylene Peacock who opened it instead....or was it Mrs. Peacock?

[size=24]"BOO!!!" [/size][/i]

Fredrick LaCoste stood at the door, without batting an eyelid.

"Magnifique madame," He said calmly, "Tres magnifique..."

"Oh ho ho," Mrs. Peacock chortled warmly, "Do come in Mr. LaCoste. Andrew has told me all about you."

"Eee az?" LaCoste replied, quite surprised.

"Oh yes!" Mrs. Peacock said back excitedly, "He goes on and on about you. You must be a VERY good friend of his, I'd assume. He told me you liked jokes, so I took it upon myself to personally answer the door for you to show you my new mask I bought for the children who come here for sweets."

"It iz, a most unique masque.." He observed.

Then he paused.

"I vas wonder if...Colonel Moosterd vas ear...." He pondered.

Mrs. Peacock turned around.

"Why do you ask about the Colonel?" She asked, raising her brow.

"Oh, non reasonne," He shrugged.
Cluedo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 03:51:45 pm »

WEST CORRIDOR- 5:40 PM

"Helloooo there...." Mr. Slate-Grey whispered as he snuck up on M. LaCoste, "No it is not a ghost..."

"Ah, Andrew," Fredrick greeted back, "Ow could I evar be scared ov you?"

Andrew laughed.

"Of course you couldn't, love." He chuckled, "Well I've painting all afternoon in the Conservatory. I've got everything all set up. You wouldn't mind if I painted you..would you know?"

He added a wink.

Fredrick's eyes widened.

"Really!?" He exclaimed, "Nobody az evar painted moi before!"

"How could I ever RESIST painting you?" Andrew answered back.

They both laughed.

"How could I REPAY you for painting moi?" Fredrick egged on.

Slate-Grey smiled.

"Is anyone looking?" He asked.

"Non..."

So they both drew together to share a kiss.

"Quick..." Slate-Grey quickly muffled as he pulled away, "Let's get into the Conservatory before anyone sees us!"
Cluedo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 07:31:33 pm »

CONSERVATORY- 6:00 PM

"Well, well, well..." Mr. Slate-Grey hummed as he mixed up the colours on his palette, "That should be suitable to replicate your beauty...."

Presently the canvas was all set up and ready for the artwork that was soon to grace it.

"Shall I uhh..poze az you vould zay?" M. LaCoste asked.

"Yes, yes please do!" Slate-Grey insisted, "Yes, we shall begin. You look wonderful. Everything does! The window, the setting of plants, it's perfect!"

Fredrick struck a strong contrapposto pose with his hands on his hips. The look of a defiant, confident young Frenchman.

As he painted, Slate-Grey spoke to him.

"So Freddy," He said, "What sort of gaffs can we expect tonight, mmm?"

Fredrick smiled mischievously.

"Oh...I've got vun or deux up moi sleave....just vait and zee..."
Cluedo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 10:33:19 pm »

BILLIARD ROOM- 6:40 PM

The sky was getting dark and the air getting colder. It was a time known as the "witching hour". This was a time reserved for the phantoms and ghouls to prowl the cobblestone streets. One wouldn't want to be caught outdoors after the dark has come on a night such as this....

Of course, Professor Nathan Plum and Reverend Victor Green were quite safe from from the ghouls and demons since they were together in the Billiard Room. The air in here was warm and cozy, due to the room's heating and inviting atmosphere. Tonight was a good night to be indoors indeed.

"Did you know it's Halloween tonight?" Prof. Plum reminded Rev. Green.

Green took his shot and looked up.

"Why, yes I did remember, Professor," He replied, "Why do you ask?"

"Don't you remember, my good sir?" Plum continued, sounding more and more excited, "Tonights the night we trick...and get our treat!"

"You mean..."

"Yes," Plum replied, "Miss Peach has got it all concocted! She will fill us in on the details after dinner...."
rachel631

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 05:27:48 am »

You know, this has a real Picture of Dorian Grey feel to it. All we need is a few deals with the devil for eternal youth and Col. Mustard to play Basil, LOL!
Cluedo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 06:19:54 am »

It's really funny you mention that. I posted these mysteries on another site as well and one person said that they thought Mr. Slate-Grey looked a little like Dorian Grey!
Cluedo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 03:12:17 pm »

LOUNGE- 6:45 PM

Miss Daisy Peach and Madame Antoinette Rose were having a little "girl talk" in the Lounge seeings how they were both alone...

"I remember the last All Hallows Eve..." Madame Rose began in her low Québécois accent.

"Oh really?" Miss Peach squealed, "I love a good story!"

"Yes..." Rose replied, "It was a very..."interesting" vun...haha! There was a monsieur who came into my curio shop. I had many odds and ends, yet he was looking for something more of...ze occult! I showed him an old bottle that I insisted contains the many spirits of the long deceased...."

"And then?" Peach asked.

"Vell, let's just say that the truth of the contents...vas a little too much to swallow!"

"If you know vat I mean....."

Miss Peach gasped.

"God bless his heart... "

Suddenly, they both heard the door open and they both stopped talking immediately. The person who entered was none other than Freddy LaCoste himself who happened to hear their voices as they were passing by.

"Bonjour les dames!" He announced, "Vere you telling eh storay? I loove storays!"

Madame Rose frowned.

"I just vinished eet." She replied.

Then she and Miss Peach got up from their seats and left as M. LaCoste took a look around the Lounge. There wasn't much to see except how beautifully the room was appointed with it's grand settees and charming odds and ends. He however decided to take a peak at the marble fireplace. To his surprise, he saw a large jar of poison kept on the mantle. The seal of the bottle was broken. It was just asking to be put to use...

" J'espère ce n'est pas trop mortel," He thought, "Ceci pourrait être une plaisanterie drôle..."

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: