Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:29:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it really worth it?  (Read 4089 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Toeler

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2008, 02:51:06 am »

Ok, so I get my ideas for buildings from google. I found this fairly cool looking apartment and decided to try and replicate it. I've been working for a few hours a day for the last few days now and I quite like what is turning out from it. However, it is a really laggy lot. I have a beafy gaming computer and honestly, this lot is the only game thus far that I have seen become jumpy at all....so I was wondering whether it is worth me continuing on with this. I am intending for it to be released if I do finish it but as a lot of the people that play TS2 seem to have average PCs, I don't think many people will be able to play it. I've attached a photo of where I am up to so far, comments appreciated.

Oh, also, if I do decide to continue and finish it then I've got 1 more day before I can scrap it for a minimum of 2 weeks, Fable 2 is finally coming out and I am expecting to switch my computer on for only a few minutes each day Cheesy

EDIT: Wow am I tired, just realized which section this is -.- If it could be moved to correct section it would be great Cheesy

* TS2Pegasus.png (209.93 KB, 400x300 - viewed 1265 times.)
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 07:08:59 pm »

What do you have going on in the lot so far?
What are your PC specs?

Two starting points to begin us helping you.
Toeler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 09:24:57 pm »

PC Specs:

Manufacturer:     
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Processor:  Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory:    4096MB RAM
Video Card:    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT g92

So far in the lot I've set out the rooms and everything else you can see in the picture (the pool area in the back was just because I got bored at one point). It's got an entrance area and 2 apartments on the ground floor, the next 3 floors have 2 apartments the same size as the bottom one plus they have 2 1 bedroom apartments and on the roof are 2 large penthouse apartments. However my main concern really is how laggy it is getting for me, I've already removed the 100+ flowers that were surrounding the building Smiley
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 06:20:49 pm »

From what I can tell by a quick glance at your specs, I don't see what the lagging issue's all about. Maybe it's something to do with the amount of NPC's on a lot or something. That's all the help I can provide, unfortunately. Sad

This is coming from someone w/o Apartments.
I suggest waiting until someone with AL answers your question for a more specific answer.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 08:38:35 pm »

I don't have AL, but I've been told that you need to only furnish the apartment your Sim is going to live in.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: