Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:22:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Move whole buildings?  (Read 2321 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Toeler

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2008, 11:08:22 pm »

I've spent over 2 days on my current project, and as I was making the surrounding wall I realized that I've made it too close to one side, and that I can't make the wall because of the stupid thing where I can't place things on that last grid square around the lot. Is there any way I can make it so I can foundation (My wall) around this last grid square? Or if I can move my building over a couple of squares somehow, it would take way too long to recreate the whole building Sad
Me2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 11:13:23 pm »

I wish I could help.. but I think once the lot is saved you can't go back to change anything.
hope you can get the correct answer you need Smiley

KILL ME,LOVE ME.. JUST DON"T TAKE MY SIMS AWAY
When All Else Fails.
Meet my sim-self family here
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=70421
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 11:51:14 pm »

The only way I'm aware of is to use the Lot Adjuster (successor to the Lot Expander) mod:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=282409

to expand the lot, complete all the building, then shrink the lot.

It's a little complex to use.  Do definitely take the time to read through and learn the tutorial first, as this mod potentially can really play hob with your game:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost.php?p=1773743&postcount=410

Take a look here for a tiny bit of how-to in addition to the LotExpander tutorial:

http://hideki.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1802193#post1802193
Toeler

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 01:13:49 am »

Is it possible to choose which part to shrink? Or will it shrink it back so everything is in the same position?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 02:30:27 am »

It won't allow you to reposition your house.  It will allow you to add multples of 10 squares to the back or either side.  Maybe the front too, pushing the house back from the street, but I've never looked into that.

By using it though, you can in effect build so there's only one empty square between the building and the lot edge.  You would first add 1 square (10 squares for building), finish your building taking care you don't go past where you are now from the sounds of it, then shrink it back to the original size.

If at neighborhood, I want a lot 1 wide and 2 deep, I'd pick a 3x2 lot, then 10 squares from the edge on each side, put up a wall so I know where the edge of my 1x2 lot would be.  Then make my building with 1 empty row, 8 squares width, and another empty row.  After I finished my house, I'd delete to 2 boundary walls, then go back to lot adjuster to shrink the lot to 1x2.

Take a look at the links rwills provided, try it out on a couple of test lots to get the hang of it, then apply what you've learned to the house you want to keep.
Toeler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 02:56:49 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1427476
try it out on a couple of test lots to get the hang of it, then apply what you've learned to the house you want to keep.

I lol'd Cheesy I never test stuff out first Tongue I got it working and added it out, but my question is, if things are on the very outside spot, with the wall running down it, will it still show up? Because thats how close I am...I can't move any further over Sad However, I'm not even sure that I am going to keep up with this project...sure I've spent days on it, but if it's not easily playable it isn't really going to be work continuing.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 05:04:44 am »

You cannot have any flat surfaces adjacent and parallel to your final lot edge.  No fences, walls, foundations, swimming pools, and whatever else may fall in that category that I'm sure I've missed.  As far as anything else, I'd wait until the lot is shrunk again and add them.  And once the lot is shrunk, you can put a fence up on the edge if you want.

In any case, one square must run along side the edge.

I've built a series of 1x2 lots with the front and back walls extending to the very edge after shrinking so that they would look like they are one continuous building.  In reality that end wall, front and back, was just a fake wall with no usable building interior behind it.  But rather than 4 spaces between buildings, two on each lot, there was 2 spaces, with one on each lot.

Hope this helps.
Toeler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 01:33:34 pm »

Gah, so it really sounds as if this project is going to be discontinued Sad Ahh well. Thanks for all your help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: