Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:20:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha see through in certain lighting with blend and 0 settings is this normal?  (Read 3329 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
exportdry

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2008, 07:35:29 am »

I have noticed if I set the txmt of the alpha to blend and 0 then make a solid texture it is still somewhat see through in certain alngle and certain lights in bodyshop and ingame.
Opacitys set to 5 and 3 as it is a double sided top.
Is this normal?

I can stop it from been slightly see through by changing to none and 1 but then the edges of the top become all jaggy plus I have to make sure I have the texture on the body the same as the alpha or the skin will sometimes show through where parts of the alpha are in contact with the body when done this way.

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 04:38:33 pm »

Unfortunate this is normal....its called bleeding through.
The sleeves for instance can overule other parts of the alpha or vice versa.
Another example are trousers, the are messed up bad with these settings.

I discovered you can reduce the bleeding alot when you splitup you meshgroups like in a left and right side, top and bottom or sleeves seperate.
Just give the new meshgroups the same name as they will share the same texturefile.
You can fiddle with the opacity settings, sleeves13/11, top 9/7 and skirt or pants 5/3
If you open one of my multi's or alphadresses you will see how.

Now, this is is the easy part Cheesy

It gets complicated when there are also morphs involved, you have to splitup those also.
One of the most complicated meshes i ever did ended up with a huge ammount of meshgroups but does support both transparancy and solid textures for normal/fat and pregnant state.
34A Fullbodyoutfit's

No longer active
exportdry

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 05:20:15 pm »

: (

Thought this was unfortunately normal.
I have looked at one of your meshes a while back wondering why they are slpit into four segments.
8 including the inside layer.

I think it was the transpants. . . .

I don't think I'll be able to fix the bleed through as the see through part is coming off the body on the center of the chest on to the top mainly.

But I'll give it a try and see how things go.

Thanks for the reply.

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 07:45:45 pm »

your welcome

No longer active
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: