Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:57:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seasons/Base-Game Sunlight Mod  (Read 3927 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2008, 11:18:47 pm »

Hi Guys,

I'm Amber and I'm new here I seen this thread and thought I would request just one mod that has agitated me since Seasons came out, and that is does anyone remember before installing Seasons when you would place windows that Sunlight would stream in through the windows and light up the room? well now that Seasons has been installed Sunlight no longer comes in and I have to use numerous lights to light up my rooms   I'm not sure if this bothers anyone else but it sure does bother me especially because of all the nice windows I have for my game that really are useless because theres no Sun coming through them I would be eternally grateful if someone was to somehow overwrite the Seasons lighting system/Sunlight system whatever you would like to call it so my house can have those pretty sunlit rooms once more (also I have checked with the Seasons Patch and it doesnt mention anything about a fix for my problem... and I know it is a Seasons glitch I've heard many people complain that right after Seasons was installed they would get this problem I also checked to see if I had any conflicting CC and that isnt the problem so pleassee would you consider this Mod It would mean alot to me

Thanks For Reading Smiley
-Amber
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 05:52:37 am »

dfinder has an ongoing project for awhile that works exactly what you're looking for.

Check his project here at Insim. It's called Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.3 beta 1.7. He's always updating the project with fixes here and there to make the mod a lot better. I use it personally, and it couldn't come any better than other comparable mods out there.

Read the documentation and instructions in that thread and ask questions there about the mod.

Let us know if this is exactly what you're looking for.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 10:52:03 pm »

Hi Chaavik

Thank you for such a quick reply I have browsed this Mod you mentioned but I wasnt exactly sure what it did other than increasing the lights brightness or doing what I asked for but I think I will go ahead and read about it and I will download it I hope this will somehow brighten my homes again I also was wondering if you or anyone willing to post on this matter has this problem or is it just me?

Thanks again
-Amber
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 11:41:54 pm »

Hi Again Chaavik

Sorry to repost so soon but I was just told that Sunlight will indeed not stream through the windows if you have Graphics/Lighting -Low is this true? because I have my lighting set to low to reduce lag in my game which I have alot of my either my Sims detail is high or my lights are set on Medium or High please get back to me on this because now I feel like a moron...

-Amb
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 01:37:29 am »

I set mine on high as it is on my machine. The project does allow sunlight to stream through the windows like in real life when sunshine filter through the windows and brighten up the rooms where the windows are placed. As far as I have seen in my game, this is as close as you can get to having "natural" light coming through the windows to brighten up the rooms.

Sure, there's a bit of work to do on the project. I thought this would be what you might be looking for.

Try it out and see if this is what you're looking for. And to ask dfinder about the project here at Insim. His thread is located in Misc Careers & Mods where people download mods for their games. He seemed very helpful and responsive to questions.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 11:53:11 pm »

Hey Chaavik,

I took your advice and all I can say Is WOW! what a beautiful Mod! I downloaded it late last night with the help of Numenors Scriptorium because for the life of me I couldn't find 'lights' in my RES Folder or wherever there located I am a complete spaz when it comes to deleting files in 'important places' so lol I got them all finished up oh and as an added bonus to myself I downloaded Chris's weather atmosphere Mod and I was so enchanted by the Sunrises/Sunsets the 'twilight' time it's just amazing what you Mods can do It just really blows me away Smiley but I noticed that I can understand because of the natural way of how light is reflected when I place maybe like one light it will only brighten one part of the room so more than 1-2 lights are needed in larger rooms because I tryed setting my lights to Medium and the Mod was beautiful and it did reccomend me to set it to atleast Medium to get the whole affect of the Mod, but I just can't leave them like that I noticed a mass increase in the lagginess and slowness in my game and it just wasnt good so lol I took it back down to Low Sad but I love it so far.. oh yes I was also wondering if there was an application or program out there that could give me a descriptive look at the files in my download folder like thumnails of what the file is and a descrition would be sweet as well I found something to this degree on Sims2Cri its called 'The Download Manager' and I have tried several times to download it but each time it will say the file is corrupt >_< ugh anyway thanks for the help and sorry for the long post I'm pretty inquisitive Cheesy

-Amber
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 01:14:45 am »

I'm glad that the project worked out very well for you! I figured you would like to have something like that.

This is as close as I think possible to let you at least view, organize, clean up and whatnot. Take a look at Sims 2 Pack Clean Installer. Read the documentation there about installing and using the program for your custom content.

Dancing Squirrels
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 09:37:43 pm »

Ah I already have the Sims2Pack Clean Installer but thanks for the help anyway I really need some help with my downloads folder I checked it today and I think that it said it was like 1.45GB:-x Is that too big to slow down game play? because I think someone said once it gets near 3GB it will crash the game if your specs aren't high enough to handle it and I know I need more memory but... oh well I was just wondering if there was such a program that allowed you to see files and descriptons because all I can see is like  
Ofbc23115861f5873952ccad <---- Stuff like that and I'm like what the crap is that? lool

-Amber
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 09:39:37 pm »

You could open those with SimPE to see what they are or .zip them create a thread in my help section & attach the .zip file to your post. I will look at them for you.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 09:42:16 pm by Squinge » Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 11:06:34 pm »

Hi Squinge,

I played around with the Sims2Pack Clean Installer today and found what I was looking for I didn't know you could 'preview' the download file because I didnt have it checkmarked but having changed some settings and clicking on & deleting over 4,000 files for more than 3 hours I was able to make a considerate dent in my folder I think I got it down to below 1 GB now so thanks for all the suggestions but my game is running pleasantly more smoothly now Smiley I was sitting here today and I had a GREAT Mod in mind but I can't flippin' remember what it was! don't you hate that?! :smt120

-Until Next Time
      Amber
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 01:10:16 pm »

Wow.. Over 4000 files in the folder? I don't have that many files in my Downloads folder. LoL

Glad you were able to clean up the files and run the game much to your satisfaction.

I hate it when I try to remember a mod I had and when I go into my archive of old mods going back to Seasons to dig it up to test for Apartment Life too.

Anyways, the thread is now closed. The OP resolved the issue and found the alternative mod much to her satisfaction with our help.

If you have any questions or need help, please feel free to open a thread in the Mod Help section or make a new request in the Mod Request section.

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: