Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 07:48:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: my families aren't loading.  (Read 3000 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dokusouryoku

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2008, 11:04:11 am »

So, I've made a family, and everything has gone just fine. But when I go to move them into a house or apartment, the game stops responding. So I thought maybe it's just that I have a lot of CC on them, so I made a sim with zero CC and went to move her into a house, and it did the same thing. I'm about to give up on AL. My graphics card is amazing. Before I put my downloads in I wanted to see how my GC would do, so I played a family that came with the game to see how it would do. It was amazing. I just got this laptop on Tuesday, the 22. So it's got all the latest drivers and such. Help?

here's my dxdiag stuff:

Help is greatly appreciated.
Smiley
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 11:08:58 am »

Your drivers might not be up to date - quite often they need to be updated even if that model has only just been released. So it might be worth checking that out. Smiley
I don't recognise that graphics card series so I can't really say whether it's an issue with those unless it's just the drivers being outdated.
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 11:10:52 am »

Do you have uintProp maxTotalSims # written in a cheat file? That can definitely prevent you from loading families if you don't re-type it in while in-game.

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
dokusouryoku

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 11:14:18 am »

I haven't used any cheats at all. I renamed my downloads folder so the game wouldn't read it, and my no CC sim loaded, but when I got to the lot, she was spinning. O.o I'm thinking about just uninstalling AL. All it does is cause me trouble. Depressing, but I would rather not have it than mess up my games.  Sad
dokusouryoku

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 03:55:53 pm »

PROBLEM SOLVED!
yay!
I found out that it was inteen making my game not work right.
I'm so excited. But now when I try to bring up the cheat box, it's not working. Sad
So many problems. Sad
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 05:23:59 pm »

It's a HP and just about everyone with a HP is having this problem. Change the HP Health Check shortcut key combo to something other than ctrl+chift+C.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
dokusouryoku

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 10:37:11 am »

How do I do that? >.<
dokusouryoku

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 12:16:31 pm »

PROBLEM SOLVED!
YAY!
Cheesy
So after endless searching, I finally found something that worked.
http://forums.worldsims.org/showthread.php?p=154183
^^ muchas gracias to those people.
apparently, with HP computers and laptops, you need to press ctrl+shift+WINDOWS KEY+c
v.v well, at least my sims aren't scrounging for money and they can actually live life now. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: