Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 04:34:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selectable Infants  (Read 3817 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2009, 05:27:20 pm »

After reading 2000 or so post (I may be exaggerating) searching for a way to utilize baby clothes, hair, accesories, etc. I saw a small comment about "infant has to be selectable".

Now that is something that I have really wanted to do since I started playing Sims.  If this is covered, I'm sorry to ask you guys to cover it again. Please tell me how or direct me to the directions I need to make an infant selectable.

Thanks much.

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 12:13:17 am »

Several different ways to accomplish that.

Various mods (such as the Insimenator) contain a 'Make Selectable' option or a 'Make Unselectable' option when you click on a Sim.

Or you can just use a regular cheat --

boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true

Then Shift-click on the baby and choose 'Make Selectable.'

However -- the game often doesn't react too well (and potentially could even glork a neighborhood irreparably) if babies are kept selected for extended periods, so would suggest that if you do make a baby selectable, to perform  whatever changes or actions you have in mind and make the baby unselectable again right afterwards and only then do a Save.

Also remember to turn off the cheat (if you used it):

boolprop testingCheatsEnabled false

Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 03:12:16 am »

rwills, Thank you so much. Works like a charm.  YAY

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 05:44:50 pm »

Well, here I am again about baby clothes and infant hair. I know I'm a boob and dork but I really want to know how to get clothes and hair on my infants.  The make selectable is fun and I have learned to be careful with it.  What I don't understand is how to turn one infant suit off and put another one on.  I read that you can only use one at a time but what do you do about boy/girl twins.  My set both had to wear froo-froo pink outfits with pink pacies.

rwills

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 06:03:25 pm »

If you're using default replacements, then all I can recommend is to opt for a unisex one.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 06:10:04 pm »

you can also use simotized skintone changers for infants Smiley
(there are four of them, spread through the mod/hack download section)

As soon as I figure out how, I'm gonna try to make some with my own infant clothes. I'm already using them for testing my own outfits, but I don't really know how to make a pie menu and link the skintones to it yet...

whatever default baby hair you put in, will show up on ALL the infants. Nothing to be done with this, though. You can however use skintones with baby hair (but these are even harder to change). It's also possible to use these skintone hairs together with the baby skintone/outfit changers - if you know your way around SimPE.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 06:20:30 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 09:58:41 pm »

That looks to be the way of it, so unisex it will have to be. But how to do that is a mystery to me.  I don't know how to set a default. Everytime I get an outfit downloaded, it seems to be an accident that I get it to work. And then I don't know how to turn it off.

Thanks for the input and good luck on your projects.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 05:07:14 am »

you put ONE outfit into your downloads folder. If you have more, they'll most likely conflict with each other, or choose the first one alphabetically (I think).

As long as you have the setting "sim/detail" on high the outfit should work (Texture setting on high, or at least medium, is optional - but the texture will not come out blurry if you put this on high too).

to remove the outfit, just take it out of your downloads folder. It's as simple as that - unless you've got several outfits spread through the downloads folder. If you put in some of mine, just do a search for "infant", and they'll all show up.

oh, and another thing - if you make infants "unselectable" after making them selectable, they might disappear from the sim view (this happens when you make other sims unselectable too). I'm not sure if it has got anything to say, or if this corrects if you save, go to neighborview, and load the lot again - but just so you are warned  Undecided
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 05:42:02 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 05:52:13 pm »

That sounds like a plan. I looked at my download folder it is a "monster" and most is in strings of letters and numbers. I have created a "storage" folder and by process of elimination I will try to whittle down the download folder without throwing anything away.

Thanks for taking the time to instruct and advise.  Fanku

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 05:25:33 am »

Use folders - that's the best advice I can give you. Never dump everything inside the downloads folder without any system. I once had a combination of a DL and a Savedsims folder that looked like nightmares in themselves. I think it was around 10 GB's of unsorted stuff. Now I put everything in folders, and although I can't always remember which folder it was, It's a lot easier to search for stuff (well, the search function in Vista is really crappy - but other than that... Smiley)

My site:

Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 05:59:15 am »

Would you mean that I can have subfolders in my download folder sorted by catagory?

C:\Users\Dianna\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\Infant Stuff

or like this: C:\Users\Dianna\Documents\EA Games\Infant Stuff  ?

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 06:31:33 pm »

You might also try a hack-I don't know where I found it, but there is a "selectable babies" hack..I use it all the time-just to keep track of the little buggers.

Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 02:28:08 pm »

Would you mean that I can have subfolders in my download folder sorted by catagory?

C:\Users\Dianna\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\Infant Stuff

or like this: C:\Users\Dianna\Documents\EA Games\Infant Stuff  ?

Go with the first option you presented.
Sub-foldering: You don't know you need it until you bork up your game.
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 03:08:15 pm »

Thanks! I'm learning everyday.  Fanku

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: