Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:43:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game infected with Jump Bug  (Read 1557 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MaggieSt

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2008, 04:36:15 pm »

My game suddenly has the "Jump Bug".  I used Clean Installer to look for hidden hacks, removed a few I didn't recognize and I still have the problem.  Can anyone take a look at my error log and figure out what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks!!

* ObjectError_G001_t303994.zip (20.7 KB - downloaded 106 times.)

You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think       :scratch:
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 10:46:07 pm »

Your log suggests that you have been having issues with rain puddles. Is that true? And do you have any hacks that involve the mail?

This might help in the future: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=198229

It requires a little dyi, but it is easy to understand
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 10:49:39 pm by Jasumi » Logged

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 05:04:14 am »

I'm not exactly very good at reading these things but it seems that the error occurred while a sim called Skwissgar Swigelf was attempting to get the mail. Do you have the buyable mailbox and have you installed a new EP recently? The mailbox needs to be updated for each new EP. I don't have the buyable mailbox so I don't know where to get it for you to update it - if that is the problem here.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
MaggieSt

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 04:03:30 pm »

I don't have Free Time but I do own Apartment Life.  It's the large multi-mailbox for Apartments and it used to work just fine.  Sims can still pay rent, just not pick up other mail/bills.

I did read the MST2 suggestion but it's all Greek to me.  I don't have any mailbox hacks but I'll have to check again more carefully.

You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think       :scratch:
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 06:04:28 pm »

Here's a suggestion:

-Move your Downloads folder to the desktop
-Open the lot with do CC installed (remember do not save!)
-See how many rain puddles show up. It's possible you have an object cloned from the rain puddle on your lot
-Make note of them
-Put the Downloads folder back, turn testingcheats on, and remove all of the objects that you took note of as rain puddles

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: