Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:28:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freezing All the Time!  (Read 1844 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2008, 07:43:49 pm »

I am so irritated with my game. Ever since I got AL, my game freezes all the time. I start it up and go to a family, and I am never able to play it for more than one [sim] day. I'll be doing my thing, and the game will just freeze up out of nowhere. I end up having to shut the whole thing down.

I have the CleanPackage Installer, and the SeeThem. I don't know what could be freezing my game. The SeeThem will tell me that I have a:
"Phone-Line Controller #----"
or an error with the sim itself. I don't know what that means at all.

Can someone help me? I'm worried that the more I play my game and the more it freezes, someday the whole game is going to permanently crash. I need to somehow fix this.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 09:51:26 pm »

Have you tried running it without any hacks? It could be that a hack is interfering or that you have an old version of something. The Phone Line Controller sounds like you may have an old version of the MATY Phone Hack. Try getting an updated copy of that and maybe of all your hacks. Take out InTeen if you have it, that really screws up your game if you leave in an old version.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
nicky689

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 04:33:06 am »

I also find that if i play with simpe installed it always crashes.  whenever i install a new game i always play with just the hacks i know that are ok, then gradually put themback in when squinge makes an updated version
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 06:04:18 am »

In addition to Engram's suggestions, use Clean Installer to scan your Downloads and SavedSims.  After you sort by Type, take a look at the files with long filenames (32 characters) that are just numbers and letters.  If you can't identify them, disable, move or delete them.  Hacks and CC when imported with a lot, are named like this.  Many old outdated hacks plague many users because of this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: