Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 04:59:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hope someone can help !  (Read 2711 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
zilzos

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2008, 03:25:32 pm »

Hi guys

am hoping one of you can please help.

Was playing my sims last night with no problems what so ever - tried to open my game today - got the little first Sims2 screen as normal and hit the 'play' bit.

After a few seconds a little windows dialogue box appeared with a red circle with a white X in it and a little OK box beside it ?

Game wont open and havnt downloaded anything since using it last night so cant understand why all of a sudden this is happening ?

Have uninstalled and reinstalled Apartment Life several times - done a system restore and turned computer off then on again several times.
Have cleaned everything and still not working

Any ideas ? -  thanks  :sad4:
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 04:47:29 pm »

Delete your Groups.cache, Accessory.cache, ContentRegistry, and cigen.package files.  One or more of those files is corrupted if that's happening.  Wink

zilzos

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 07:38:18 am »

Oh ok - thank you so very very muchly  :-P  :worship:

sorry to be a complete thicky but where would I be finding these things that need deleted ? :smt120  Do I not need any of them ?

Why all of a sudden would one/all of them become corrupt when nothing happened on computer in between playing game and the next day when I tried to open it up again ?  (just curious)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 07:43:30 am by zilzos » Logged
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 08:39:57 am »

Groups Cache is a file in the main Sims 2 folder. You should find it at the bottom. I can't exactly remember where the others are.

But sometimes the Groups Cache becomes corrupt. It happens due to time and also, its just good to delete it and start fresh when you install new expansions. I do it regularly just to keep my game running okay.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 09:06:47 am »

It becomes corrupt because of all the data that is cached in those particular files.  (which is a lot, and the more stored in them, the greater the chance they'll become corrupted)  :angel:

They'll respawn as soon as you start playing the game again, so no worries on if you'll be needing them or not.  Wink

zilzos

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 01:29:03 pm »

Brilliant - worked a treat (seems so easy when ya know how)

thank you both so very much - will keep an eye and delete these blighters more regularly

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 06:51:58 am »

You're welcome.  :smile bi:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: