Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:28:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 requests - scuba tank, steamer and childrens play area  (Read 7314 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Josette1807

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2008, 09:46:56 am »

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could create a Scuba Tank and or a steamer and or the childrens play area which are in The Sims 1.

I used the search option, but I didn't see these.

Scuba tank: I've seen links so the mask, fins, wetsuit and oxygen tank, but I would like the scuba tank itself.
Steamer: I loved it in the Sims 1.
Childrens play area: the one I mean: http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg250/z15royals/001.jpg

I don't know if it's even possible, but it would appreciated. Something alike would ofcourse also be amazing.

Thanks,
Josette
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 12:22:12 pm »

Can you please post your latest EP the next time you come 'round to check?

Scuba tanks.. Yes, I remembered those from Sims 1 and they were my absolute favorites beside the children's playground equipment. Apartment Life has a few playground equipment that can fit the bill for you if you want to do that way. Unless you already have Apartment Life.

Scuba tanks.. Somebody built one for a house in a contest once a few months ago. Takes a lot of imagination and patience to come up with one you like. I'm not quite sure where to find tutorials for this, but if you're willing, I can find a tutorial for you to build a "see through" pool where your Sims can watch people swim or at least have sea animals placed in a way to mimic the scuba tank.

And oh, please try to limit to two requests in the future.

UPDATE:

Found the link to one house a MATY member built. Look at Witch's post with the pictures of her house. A couple of her pictures showed an aquarium that reminds me of a scuba tank somewhat. She also provided a link to get the sea animals from. Her post is halfway down.

MTS2 has tutorials to build all sort of things and may be a good place to get started to learn how to build things with only your imagination and patience. I also think Insimenator have one or two tutorials you might want to look into. The tutorials are on the main page of this site and near the bottom.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 12:37:56 pm by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Josette1807

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 05:35:00 pm »

I have every expansion pack and every stuff pack. Thanks already for the information Chaavik. In the future I'll limit my requests to 2. Sorry about that.

Josette
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 09:52:29 pm »

Can you provide a screenshot or explain exactly what a steamer is?

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Josette1807

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 04:50:47 am »

Ofcourse, it is a small picture though. The steamer was in the sims 1. I would love to use it in a spa.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg250/z15royals/00011.jpg

from http://www.sims1.thesimsresource.com

Josette
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 05:03:45 am »

Hah, I remember those from TS1; I miss them as well.  But those would be custom meshes, and custom animations, both of which none of us do here in Squinge's section.

...as for the steamer, I could kick the Dork into hacking the Sauna from Bon Voyage to restore motives. That's about as close to the original as you're going to get with TS2.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Josette1807

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 05:49:21 am »

Thanks everyone. Maybe someday I have time to start to learn creating these kind of things. But that would probably be after I finish college. Wink

Josette
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 12:39:18 pm »

I personally thought a steamer was a large traveling chest box people used back in the '20s to '50s (maybe a bit later) to haul their stuff around aboard steamships.

That may be as close as possible to the original TS1 steamer. Is this okay with you to have this as an alternative to boost the Sim's needs while in the sauna?

And do you remember which needs were boosted other than Hygiene (obviously)?

Dancing Squirrels
Josette1807

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 04:06:46 pm »

Yes it is, I can just place it instead of the sauna I have now.

Thanks again,
Josette
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: