Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 04:37:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blank sims thumbnails.  (Read 1287 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
digni7y

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2008, 06:17:26 pm »

Hello, all.

Just a weird problem I've been having today. I have just done a complete uninstall and reinstall of all of my games (I have all EPs and stuff packs up to TSS, including Holiday Stuff) everything is patched, accesory.cache, and the other.cache were deleted and reloaded by the game, empty templates installed, hacks don't need to be updated because I have everything updated a couple weeks ago, everything is fine. I added in my simself and her/my family screen you get when you load them into a lot came out blank. In a lot it's completely normal, thumbnail shows up as usual. I downloaded some sims from GoS, from here and from MTS2, installed them with the clean installer and put them into my neighborhood. The first 4 sims' family pictures came out fine but afterwards, they all turned out blank. Even creating sims in University, their family pictures come out blank.

As I said, I deleted accessory.cache and the other .cache file (groups.cache?) and let the game reload them as normal. I also deleted cigen.package, which strangely hasn't loaded. I also deleted CASthumbnails.package and CANHobjectthumbnails.package.

So, what could be wrong?

Edit: I ran bodyshop again and got cigen.package loaded. I get the feeling this is caused by a corrupted hair of some sort, because as I was creating a new male sim last night and looking in under the stubble, the normal Maxis stubble was replaced by a picture of some long hair instead.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 06:24:12 am by digni7y » Logged

*Digni7y's Sims*

Like my cat icon? It's available at Sushi Cat!
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 08:27:34 pm »

Don't know about the other ones but cigen.package won't regenerate until you run BodyShop.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 07:03:03 am »

Try getting rid of that particular hair to see what happens.  The creator of that particular hair may have forgotten to fix the integrity of the mesh, so it's overriding the defaults.  

And if that doesn't work, have you re-patched your games?  It's possible this was one of the bugs that was fixed in an EA patch.  :angel:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: