Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 09:34:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Less Likely To Spontanosley Conbust Mod  (Read 3784 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2008, 11:33:08 pm »

Hey Squinge

I remember what I was thinking today and I don't know if this has been requested I looked through 20-30 pages and didnt see my request but I was wondering if you could make a Mod that would allow a Sim to not be so easy to catch on fire I CAN'T express to you how freaking annoying this is for me I had a home with 4 sisters in it and I left the game un attended for a brief moment and when I got back all 4 of the sisters had got into the Hot Tub (the sunken one) and I started to cancel out their actions so I could control them again and as they were getting out 2 of the sisters caught on fire automatically!:blob6: I tried to get the other 2 sisters to put each of them out but it didnt work and the Grim Reaper was being a Bastard and wouldnt grant me immunity so I lost 2 of the 4 sisters and on top of that I think I have killed atleast 6 townies in the Hot Tubs I don't know whats wrong with it I might have to download that stupid Seasons Patch but I really don't want to so if you could help me out with this I would really appreciate it because I don't see what the hell is going on it seems like if a Sim gets in the Hot Tub they better get ready to die because its inevitable I have't tested this glitch with the Love Tub Aspiration Gift but I'm pretty sure its the same way...
-Sigh-

-Amber
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 01:23:24 pm »

The "catching on fire" issue had been addressed in the patch for Seasons as well as a couple mods that already are in existence.

We suggest downloading the patch and patching Seasons to address multiple issues. That's what I did.

There are two places you can go pick up one of the two mods:

1. Simwardrobe

Click Sims 2 on the left side bar and then select Fixes to view the fixes for each expansion pack. Choose Seasons Fixes and then download "No Random Bursting Into Flames" fix. Install it the same way you would with other mods.

2. JM Pescado's Warmth Fix Mod

The above will work with Apartment Life.

*Choose either mod you want to download and install for yourself.

Let us know how this works for you.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 10:05:39 pm »

Hey Chaavik,

Thank you soo much for the Mod link to Sim Wardrobe because I didnt want to rely on downloading the Patch alot of people said that it would mess your game up it has a lot of bugs that Maxis hasn't resolved yet and this is their latest update:smt120 Do you notice anything in your game yet with the Patch never the less I'm going to try the other link also I confirmed today that the Love Tub Aspiration Gift does not cause the Sims to catch on fire just so anyone wanted to know

Thanks A Lot
-Amber
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 10:58:43 pm »

The Seasons patch definitely solved that problem for good, I strongly suggest you download and install it.   My game is working totally fine with the patch install, it fix more problems then it created for sure.

Along with the mods Chaviik suggest you, Squinge made a no automous hot tub mod for residential lot so guests won't go in it unless you invite them.  It is compatible with Seasons.  Here is a direct link to it: No autonomous hot tub I use it along with this mod, it is a good combination for me:  No staying in hot tub all day/night
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 11:15:55 pm by MissDoh » Logged
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 11:28:12 pm »

I should clearly state that my latest EP is Apartment Life. I had that patch installed when I got Seasons, but I still use Pescado's warmth fix even with AL because I never know how stupid Sims get when they stay outside all day/night getting cold in the winter and not be smart enough to go in when that happens.

What you hear is prolly old news by now. I didn't have problems with the patch and either mod. I use each one separately to see if I like one or the other. Then I ended up with Pes's mod.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 11:57:26 pm »

Hey all,

I was on http://www.thesims2.ea.com the official website and it seems that the Patch would fix ALOT of issues I haven't really adknowledged that were somehow going on in the game so I might download it if anything goes seriously bad then I will defiantly do a SR (System Restore) and alleviate the problem ASAP so I was only wondering where I should put this patch? should it be in my downloads folder or somewhere else Thanks in advance

-Amber
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 12:09:30 am »

The patch from that site? Download it to your Desktop (the screen with the little pictures of your programs) and then double-click the patch to start patching your game. You should also download all the other patches for the expansion packs you have, and the install them.

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: