Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 06:18:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 Apartment Life not loading  (Read 2057 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
shrew

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2008, 12:18:23 pm »

It just...wont load. I’ve tried the short cut that lets you avoid the vista launcher, and still nothing. Not even an error message. I’ve checked the bottom of the CD to make sure it wasn’t horribly damaged in some way – there are a few scratches, but nothing that has not been since the game HAD been working.

After quitting the game the last time I played it (last night) I have not downloaded anything new, or added/taken away anything from the download folder.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong, or what I could do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance everyone.
Sims2playerQ

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 07:14:37 pm »

Hi,

I find this happens to me every so often, but if I delete the Groups.cache in my Sims 2 folder it seems to work again. I don't know why or how it happens, but every time it scares me. As a matter of fact, my body shop does not load anymore after 20 minutes of loading it just shuts down. It will only work if I take out my Downloads folder. I have everything but Apartment Life, but this tip worked for my sister who had a similar problem. She also had to uninstall Window Service pack 3 for some reason.

Sorry , I am rambling.

Anyway, You may want to also check your Firewall/Virus protection settings to make sure, EA auto run in your Programs folder, is given permission to load on your PC.  

Hope this is helpful, I know how frustrating this problem can be.

-Q-
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 07:16:31 pm by Sims2playerQ » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 09:01:17 am »

groups.cache, accessories.cache, and cigen.package are all indexes of content created by the game.  Bodyshop using cigen.package, the other two by the game itself.  Anytime you add or remove custom content, these files have to potential to become corrupt.  You know this happened when the game or Bodyshop doesn't load.

It's perfectly safe to delete all three.  The game/Bodyshop will start up and recreate them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: