Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 03:12:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: two mods  (Read 7079 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Amitri

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2008, 05:57:32 pm »

I really need mods regarding to OFB. When you have home bussines Sims pass by accidently but you can't invite them, you can only talk with them so I'm asking for a mod which allow to invite passing Sims. Other things which driving me crazy are Sims who complain on home bussines lot even if bussines is closed at that time, it would be very useful if you could change it:) I was searching for such hacks but with no results.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 06:42:56 pm »

Please state your latest expansion pack in your next post.

For Apartment Life, check the list here.

For FreeTime, check the list here.

Some of the OFB hacks are compatible with Apartment Life. I am pretty sure you can try the OFB hacks listed in the Apartment Life list if you have FreeTime. If not, post your issues in the Mod Help section.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 06:45:39 pm by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Amitri

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 01:09:20 am »

Well, I have checked before these mod lists and even dowloaded some of them. There is one similar to what I need which stops complaining but I really don't want to stop at all, just for closed home bussines. I don't want my game to be to easy:)  I didn't find any mod which would solove the first issue I've mentioned though. My lates expansion pack is Free Time.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 01:12:31 am »

Okay, FreeTime.. Hrmmm.. Mr Squinge may have a mod laying about somewhere that I might not know about. I was only recently discovering a lot of his mods that I never seen before when he released them before Bon Voyage!

One thing tho.... Did you mean that when Sims walk by, they just walk on by and not enter your business as customers? Or did you want your Sims to go out and greet them? When they're greeted, they will come in as if they're invited. Not sure exactly how you want that done.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Amitri

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 07:40:40 am »

I mean the situations when my Sims own a home bussines. If the shop is closed (using open/closed sign) and the other Sims passes by,he/she can be invitated but after finished conversation or joke or whatever Sim walks away and doesn't stay on a lot. On the other hand, on the lots that don't have home bussines when Sim passes by, you can inviate him/her and he/she stays until you say goodbye or his/her needs are too low;-) And I want my home bussines owners to be able to invite someone passing by and this invited Sim will stay on a lot instead just running away. I hope I wrote it clearly this time.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 07:43:36 am by Amitri » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 03:35:37 pm »

Does it also happen when you invite a sim over?

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Amitri

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 06:06:24 pm »

When I invite Sim by phone it doesn't happen. Well, the only way to make him stay on a lot when the home bussines is closed is to invite him by phone or make a party. It happens to all Sims that are not invited by phone call, just only passes by. I invite them, make my Sims talk with them for example and after conversation is over and I don't make any other interactions with these Sims they just walk away from a lot. Also when I (well, my Sim) ask them to stay at night they agree and then just go away.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 06:40:09 pm »

Sounds like the game is viewing the home business as a community lot in whole, but that should not happen if the business is closed for the day or night and be returned to a normal residential lot. Sounds like a zoning thing, but I can't be sure.

I had seen this behavior on a community lot whereas I had a Sim greet a walkby on the community lot, and after they finish talking, the walkby leaves.

Dancing Squirrels
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 07:19:54 pm »

I haven't had this problem either. Have you installed the latest patch? If so it may be another mod causing the problem.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 07:24:49 pm »

Not I. I don't play businesses unless they're for testing lots. I only seen this behavior on community lots, not on home business lots.

We'll see what the OP has to say.

Dancing Squirrels
Amitri

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 03:56:40 am »

I didn't install OFB patch. I'll do it, delete all mods from download folder and see if I still have a problem. I've read complete list of changes and didn't find my problem soloved but who knows. I thought that Maxis just made home bussines lots in that way but now it seems I am the only person who has this problem. Anyway, I will write today if it helps. Thank you very much:)
Amitri

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 12:54:18 pm »

I did as I've said above and nothing has change:(
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 05:26:52 pm »

One question if you don't mind. Was it daytime or nighttime when this happened?

Dancing Squirrels
Amitri

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 08:58:41 pm »

When I last checked, it was daytime.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 12:25:22 pm »

All right, we'll have Mr Squinge look into this and see what he can do.

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: