Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:32:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UI Poses Override - Apartment Life  (Read 27681 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2008, 02:16:42 am »

I made this mod over a month ago after I got sick of seeing the game cycle through all eight poses for my Sims, all five poses for my vampires and 3 poses for both my zombies and werewolves.

The mod overrides the poses in the game for the Sims of all ages. I replaced all eight poses with one pose for all age groups except for the babies, vampires, zombies and werewolves. The vampires had five poses, and both zombies and werewolves had three. I replaced them with one pose for each type of supernatural creature. The babies were excluded since they don't pose problems for me visually.

As far as testing went, the mod appeared to work pretty well. The game will switch between two poses. The one pose was a pose I could not find to replace with a new pose. This is the pose of a Sim with their arms straight out as if the Sim was still in the Bodyshop. But this pose isn't as annoying though. The game do switch, but the only times I've seen this happen is when they change clothes and/or appearances. When a lot is loaded, the Sims are reset to one of the two poses.

The normal males share a slightly different pose from the normal females. Both male and female vampires share one pose as well as both male and female werewolves. The only exception are the male and female zombies. They have their own poses, differing in only facial expressions. Plantsims and Witches are treated as normal Sims, and they don't have their own poses.

Look at the screenshot of the large family and notice their poses.

This is a working mod, and until Mr Squinge or I find that one pose to replace with, the mod will be updated.

Otherwise, this is as good as it will be as a safe alternative to those of us who opted not to edit the .exe files in Sims 2 and don't use cd cracks for the game.

Please do not upload this mod anywhere. This mod is to remain on Insimenator until further notice. For the screenshots, refer to the screenshots below to see them.

Apartment Life is required and not backwards compatible with earlier EPs!

* UIPosesOverride-AL.zip (7.84 KB - downloaded 1046 times.)

* Pose6.jpg (232.59 KB, 1012x727 - viewed 7384 times.)

* Pose5.jpg (183.7 KB, 1011x723 - viewed 7153 times.)

* Pose4.jpg (202.94 KB, 1012x726 - viewed 6991 times.)

* Pose3.jpg (166.17 KB, 1013x724 - viewed 7027 times.)

* Pose2.jpg (202.34 KB, 1009x729 - viewed 6990 times.)

* Pose1.jpg (207.9 KB, 1009x723 - viewed 6963 times.)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 02:20:29 am by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
pandasims

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 11:22:04 pm »

Thanks so much!!:snorting:

Love Nature and Peace For the Future .  :love3:
koshechka

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 02:32:56 am »

Thanks a lot. Though I never saw the pose with stretched arms in my own game Smiley
Menaceman44

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 07:08:42 am »

Isn't the arms out pose the default for when the game can't find a correct pose? I've only had it happen when I've turned Sims into beings that they shouldn't have been able to become. For example marking a child sim as a vampire. They get the arms out pose then.

I have more creations and fixes available in my profile at MTS.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 10:15:14 am »

Yes, it's a pose not normally seen in the game. The name of that pose eluded me and Squinge. That's the only one left to replace with.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 05:16:31 pm »

Actually, it's 12. My female Sim was also pregnant too at the time. Cheesy

More Family Members & Pets 12 - AL is where you can go read about the mod to enable more than 8 sims on both residential and apartment lots. It limits to 12 including pets tho for those with older computers but capable of running Apartment Life.

Dancing Squirrels
Avrora

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 03:25:48 am »

Thanks so much!
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 08:00:58 pm »

What I find amusing is the person who bugged you to release this hasn't even bothered to say thanks yet. Hah.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 09:28:11 pm »

Mmmm hmmm, right on, Jenna.

Dancing Squirrels
Angelo12

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 10:27:59 pm »

do you think it can be possible to totaly throw out the arms-out pose all together and just leave the other one for regular sims? i like this mod...but im not fond of the arm-out pose at all...
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 10:51:11 pm »

No, it's a pose that I never seen before, and it wasn't one of the 8 normal poses for both male and female Sims.

We're still looking through to see which it's called.

But other than that, not as annoying as watching the Sims cycle through 8 poses each time they change clothes. Many of us like specific poses and want to keep them.

Dancing Squirrels
azacforpeace

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 08:03:40 am »

OMG! shocked Thank you so much for making this mod! YAY

"Thou shall not miss this movie. Come, witness the miracle." - MadTV Terminator 3
Avrora

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 10:28:46 am »

Sola
I have a question. If I use cd cracks for the game I can use this patch? And once again thanks for your work!
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 07:34:10 pm »

The mod does not affect how you play your game with or without CDs. The mod only affects your Sim's pose in the UI panel. It keeps the game from flipping through 8 poses all the time and give your Sims only one or two poses to remain consistent when they change clothes, go outside or inside and anything else that causes them to change poses in the UI panel.

Dancing Squirrels
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 03:18:14 am »

Hi, I've had this problem in my sims game as of today regarding my sims' UI poses.
The game continues to flip through all of the 8 poses on my sim whether I'm
1. Giving my sim a command
2. Hovering over my sim, or practically anything else
3. Hovering over another sim
4. Clicking on other sims
5. Clicking on my sim
6. And all of a sudden when they're standing idle, not doing anything

And I thought downloading this would help the problem.
Well. It made it so my sims flip through 2 or 3 poses, rather than eight.
The problem persists, I can't begin to tell you how much this annoys me. The game pauses for a moment every time it's shuffling through poses.

I've attached the video I took of my sims while this was happening. While 2 of my sims are talking, you can see it happening to the girl in the background. How the sims completely reset.

I can't even play, it's so perpetual.

Thank you, if you can help.
If not, I guess I'll move my problem to the help section.

Sad

* movie004.rar (5586.08 KB - downloaded 415 times.)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: