Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 05:32:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I fix/find this? Please?  (Read 2435 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« on: October 29, 2008, 12:08:21 pm »

Egads- what a nightmare!  :smt120

Ok, so I finally got the new ep to install, cleaned out and updated all my download files/hacks/mods... replaced older ones with newer compatible ones... managed to reinstall the sims I lost in the process... oh and all my neighborhoods were gone but Belladonna Cove... fixed that  *thank god for backup files right???

ANYHOO--- all issues are now solved (i think- gasp) and everything is patched, where it should be, and working (for the most part).

SO... what's the problem you ask?

Well...

All the custom houses/lots I have collected over the ages are gone... vanished... nowhere to be found.

I know how to go back and find the .rar files for the objecst and such... but the lots/houses are installed with that sims2pack installer thingy...

HOW (is it even possible) do I find the houses/lots I downloaded in order to reinstall them in my game?

I'm not sure where to look but I have looked in the winrar archives and the older back-up files and recycle bin.

Any help is appreciated!  Thanks in advance. Cheesy

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 01:33:41 pm »

Are they just missing from one neighborhood or from all of them?  And when you made your backup, did you back up the Lot Catelog?  All the lots the populate the Lot Bin are in that folder, so if you have a backup, you can copy it into your TS2 folder.
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 01:43:14 pm »

Well any custom houses that were actually in the neighborhood are there- only the ones that I hadn't placed yet (were in the lots/houses bin) are missing.

I backed up the packaged lots file... but not sure if I backed up the catalog file... rats.

I will go look... and thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Smiley

I guarantee NEXT time there will be a back-up of that one- LOL!

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 01:50:53 pm »

Ugh!

I think I backed up almost every file... of course except that one!

So, I guess it isn't so bad... there were only TWO houses I hadn't placed yet that I really, really want to find.

I made one myself- the other I downloaded.  I guess I start doing the search for the lighthouse I downloaded here... and try to remember how I made the other missing one! LOL

Thanks for your help... and now I know that the lot catalog file needs to be backed up too in the future- so thank you for that too.

Ok... so here are the results:

System Requirements Lab Analysis

Congratulations, your computer exceeds the minimum specification required to run this game.

(it has a slow to fast guide line and mine is almost all the way to the "fast" end)

CPU Speed
Minimum: 1.3 GHz processor (2.0 for Vista)
You Have: 2.79 GHz Performance Rated at 5.03 GHz  PASS   
 System RAM
Minimum: 512 MB RAM (1 GB for Vista)
You Have: 2.0 GB  PASS   
 Operating System
Minimum: Windows® Vista, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98 or Windows 2000 Operating System
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Build Service Pack 32600)  PASS   
 Video Card
Minimum: 32 MB Hardware T&L video card (NVIDIA GeForce2 + [GeForce 6200 for Vista] / ATI Radeon 8500 + [Radeon 9600 for Vista]). Non-T&L capable video cards require a 2.4 GHz processor or better.
You Have: RADEON X300 SE 128MB HyperMemory (RADEON X300/X550 Series (0x5B60))  PASS   
 Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card  Video RAM: Required - 32 MB , You have - 128 MB
 Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
 Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.6601   FYI: Your video card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper video card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product. 
 Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: SigmaTel Audio   PASS   
 Sound Card Driver Version
Your driver version number is: 5.10   FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product. 
 Free Disk Space
Minimum: At least 1.5 GB of additional hard drive space (5.0 GB total is required if installing both The Sims 2 and The Sims 2 Bon Voyage Expansion Parck at the same time.)
You Have: 50.9 GB  PASS   
 CD
Minimum: 8X or faster CD/DVD drive
You Have: Optiarc DVD+-RW ND-3570A   PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed.   

Does this all mean that my crashing is NOT my computer then?  huh

« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 09:35:03 pm by danceswithwands » Logged

~*~ Donna ~*~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: