Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 07:39:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crashing house  (Read 1347 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lezboo

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2008, 01:24:36 pm »

I download a house, with Clean install, huge file. When I enter and play the house for maybe 1 min. it crashes. What is the problem or what can I do?
I really love this house and want to play it. Thanks for the help.

I have all expansion and stuff packs.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 01:41:23 am »

Which house is it? Can you provide a link to the download? Did you install all the custom content that came with the house? When you looked at the custom content in the file, were any lines highlighted in red? Are other houses crashing, or just this one?

It's quite possible that either A) the house has so much high poly custom content that it makes your graphics card work it's little fingers to the bone and makes the game crash or B) if you didn't check over the CC that came with the house, you may have accidentally let in an out-of-date or incompatible hack/hacked object which is making your game crash.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 01:44:49 am by Engram » Logged

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 08:16:12 pm »

Not only that, but CI highlights most hacks in red. Some can manage to slip by the radar.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 08:22:02 pm »

That happened to me with every house that newtlco created. He's over at TSR now.

He made a basegame house, and I have up to OFB, and it still crashed. Couldn't even get into the house to see what it looked like.

I even double checked the list in Clean Installer.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: