Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:18:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mega College Pack - FreeTime - NEW INFO: 5-28-09  (Read 18518 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2008, 01:03:33 pm »

Squinge’s Mega College Pack - FreeTime

The College Mega Pack contains all of the mods you will need to play Young Adults on your regular residential lots in your regular, not University, neighborhood.

Sims 2 University required. FreeTime compatible. Not compatible with Apartment Life.

Mods:

No Memory Uneducated
No Want Satisfy Uneducated
College Interactions On Any Lot
Teen To Young Adult No College EP8
YA Birthday Cake

In Game Mods:

Semester Tester - Shift+Click your Sim, click on Spawn… and then choose Semester Tester

**In order for the above to work, you need to use Shift+Ctrl+C to open the cheat window and then type 'boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true' without the quotes. Then press Enter. When you're done spawning the Semester Tester, you can open the cheat window again and type 'boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false' to turn the testing cheat off.**

Insimenator 2.9x - Go into Buy Mode, select Electronics/Misc and buy the adjuster looking like a stack of schoolbooks

12-20-08:

**UNSUPPORTED - Insimenator 2.x is now unsupported. Use at your own risk. **

If you don’t have Insimenator 2.9x, visit and download from here. Read the documentation and follow the instructions to install Insimenator 2.9x.

Optional:

Twojeff’s College Adjuster - available at Simbology

Ancient Highway's College Mods - College Isn't Free series are not compatible with the FreeTime version of Mega College Pack

**Do not use AH's college mods with the College Mega Pack - FreeTime until he confirms they work correctly with FreeTime because there is no option for Young Adults to walk to work or access cars to go to work. Until AH has the time to work on the issues/bugs with his college mods for both Apartment Life and FreeTime, do not use them until he informs me and Squinge that they work properly with both FreeTime and Apartment Life.**

Chaavik's Better Cafeteria Duty Wages - University

What’s New
:

Teen To Young Adult No College EP7 was a new replacement mod for the older mod, Teen To Young Adult No College EP5 (Seasons), with residential lots in mind to enable teens to grow up into Young Adults and remain at home with their families and go to college at the same time.

YA Birthday Cake has a new option to enable teens to Age to Young Adult on top of two existing options: Age to Adult and Take Finals Now. The mod also gives a “Went to College” memory to teens growing up into Young Adults as well as a “Grew Up Well” memory.

What’s Old:

No Memory Uneducated is a mod to prevent Sims from getting the negative “Never Went To College” memories when they age to adults without going to college as well as the uneducated memories. Not sure what the wording is for that memory. But nevertheless, Sims won’t get negative memories from not going to college.

No Want Satisfy Uneducated is a mod to prevent Sims from fulfilling their “Be Uneducated” fears of not going to college and grow up into adults. This also keeps Sims from going into crying and depression fits.

College Interactions On Any Lot is an existing mod to enable Young Adults to perform their college tasks: write term papers on their computers, write their class assignments and do college research from their bookcases at their homes or anywhere else.

Not Compatible With:

Squinge’s No Autonomous Research & Assignment mod conflicts with College Interactions On Any Lot and will prevent Young Adults from performing their college tasks at their homes or anywhere else.

Pescado’s College Rampage on Macrotastics will not work on these lots if Young Adults remain at their homes.

How To Install:

For XP users, install all of the mods into the Downloads folder or the subfolder in the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\********\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

Or:

C:\Documents and Settings\********\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\Squinge_College_Mods

******* is the name of your account you use to play Sims 2 on.

For Vista users, install all of the mods into the Downloads folder or the subfolder in the following location:

C:\Users\**username**\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

Or:

C:\Users\**username**\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\Squinge_College_Mods

How To Play:

Basically, what you do to age teens to Young Adults is to go into Buy Mode and buy the cake. Place it on any counter or table. Direct your teen to the cake and select Age To Young Adult. The teen will then age into a Young Adult and get a new UI panel showing the Freshman first semester. The Sim’s clock does not start. You need to use the Semester Tester to Start Class. Then the Young Adult’s clock will run down from 72 hours to 0 hours as if he/she is on the dorm lot. Play your Young Adult through college and when you’re ready to age your Sim after graduating from college, buy the cake again and use the Age To Adult option.

Technical Support:

Get help by submitting your questions in the Mod Help Section, and we will help you.

With Mr Squinge's permission, I created this thread to make it easier for FreeTime users to find all of the necessary college mods to enjoy a college experience at home with their sim families and not be left in the dust by Apartment Life users.

All credit goes to Mr Squinge for the opportunity to update two of his mods for FreeTime. Please offer chicken grease, chicken and beer to him for being our benevolent God of Mods at Insim. Tongue

NOTES:

5-28-09: Changed link to Ancient Highway's new site to point to the College Isn't Free series correctly.

* Mega College Pack - FT.zip (54.1 KB - downloaded 1000 times.)

* MegaCollegePackFT.jpg (277.64 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 4263 times.)

* MegaCollegePackFT2.jpg (275.72 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 4242 times.)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 01:45:22 pm by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 04:20:21 pm »

Thanks hon!

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Malakaaz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 06:44:53 pm »

Sweet! Thanks for this!
MisplacedAffection

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 06:51:54 pm »

Thanks a lot for updating.

Burn bright like a star, traitor.
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 10:36:48 pm »

Terrific! Thanks again.
Netra
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 10:53:06 pm »

Thank you soooooooooooooooooooo much for this!!:worship:

"If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it!"
Slide470

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 07:02:43 pm »

This would be a great pack of mods when it is compatible with Apartment Life.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 07:22:14 pm »

There is a version for Apartment Life. Just have to look there first. Smiley

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Misty

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 02:52:12 pm »

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the growing up without a bad memory from having not gone to college (some of my Sims couldn't care less about college) but doesn't having them go to college while still living at home cause some major synching problems age-wise with the rest of the family?  I actually would love to be able to have college from within my regular neighborhood, just am trying to figure out how I can make this work like that.

Thanks so much for updating it, though, because one of the reasons I drug my feet not playing for so long is because I hate Sims having a bad memory because they didn't attend college!

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 01:43:49 pm »

Ancient Highway set up a new forum site using a different forum software. Check his new site out, Ancient Castaways for other mods, recolors and chats.

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: