Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 09:57:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming fanday  (Read 3204 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
maniac19642003
« on: October 30, 2008, 03:09:33 pm »

SnootySims:
Next Monday, I will attend a Sims 3 presentation and can ask questions. If there is anything you are dying to know about the game, give me a mail, or post in the guestbook or forum. I will do my very best to get the answers.
maniac19642003
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 06:10:33 pm »

SnootySims:

Just returned from the Sims3 fan event. Ben Bell showed a little demo of the game. Mostly about the new features like customization, the new CAS and the neighborhood. Though time was limited, I did get to ask quite a few of your questions. Some will be disappointed with the answers while some will be very happy.
The pics I took are a bit dark-ish, but that's because it was night-time in the demo and it was not presented on a tv-screen. I'll try to fix them up a bit though. I hope to get the preview ready in a few hours.

A few newsbits:
- I discovered 4 new traits: Technophobe, Unflirty, Stubborn, Neurotic.
- There will be tools to make all kinds of custom content but NOT a tool to create objects.
- You can move houses around but not change the roads.
- No weather and apartments.
More in the upcoming preview...
maniac19642003
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 02:01:03 pm »

SnootySims Nov. 3:

My Sims 3 report is done and can be found here: Sims 3 preview/Q&A

Several other fansites were at the presentation and also Spanish fansites will post previews as well soon. Will post the links when they're available.
''Blakk Velvett''

''I am, was, is and always will be ME =D''

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 03:35:21 pm »

No weather >=( That's just retarded. That's my fave. highlights of the game; the weather, university, vacations etc. Darn it!!!! Now I'm second guessing now.

I am ''The Velvett One''
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 11:07:14 am »

Thanks again for all the updates, Maniac!  :smile bi:

Will families that you don't play get older, get children, die,etc?
This was the most asked question and yes it is true; Families you don't play, just live out their lives behind your back. I asked if there was a way to stop the aging for those families through a cheat. They didn't want to give an answer to that so it may still be an option.
Major "do NOT want" there.... They should heavily consider that as a required option.  I know control freaks like me wouldn't like the fact they had missed out on every bit of another sim's life while trying to focus on another one.

Will there be a tool for users to create custom content?
There will be a tool to create new textures for the game. There was no info about an external CAS tool, but it's highly likely there will be one. There will be no tool to create entirely new objects though.
However with the in-game Create-a-Style, you have a very powerful tool at your hands. Nearly every object in the game, from cars to tv's, to chairs to closets, everything can be recoloured and re-textured. You can apply different types of fabric like wood, paint, brick, etc, then change it in every color possible. Let's say you chose a white/red blocked plastics on a couch. You can then use this specific combination on every object in the house just by simply dragging it from the tool to the object.

This part had me a little wary, since it's only mentioning textures for custom content creation, not meshing... at least until I saw this:

Is there long hair which goes all the way down to the butt, to both men and women.
There were not that many types of hair yet. There is long hair as you can see but for even longer hair, you may need to find it on a fansite.

... a sign of potential "modability" maybe?  Still not getting my hopes up. :angel:

They still could've at least added in the weather, though... of all the things that should be in the base game, once it's been established that it exists in the previous installment, it should at least exist in the newer version... :roll:

''Blakk Velvett''

''I am, was, is and always will be ME =D''

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 11:39:33 am »

I'm with you Tenshii!!!! Why take away my beloved weather(sobs loudly) of all the cruel tricks to pull ( now I'm just being mellow-dramatic ha ha)

I am ''The Velvett One''
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: