Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:35:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just sent this to EA Games.  (Read 5970 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
John55

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2008, 08:13:14 pm »

Do not know if this will do any good. But!
To whom it may concern;
For Years I have been buying Maxis games. I started with A-train to give you an idea.
I have Sims2 which is a great game. But! Why are you controlling me on how I play this game?
The things I download from your site as well as from others that, I choose. There is a lot of great talent out there. Do you not agree? Which I like to see on my game. I just bought Season, Bon Voyage and Freetime loaded your patches. I cannot get things to work like I want to. I know it is just a game. But! There are many ways on how one plays their games. Can you not let us choose?
In trying to purchase a Vacation home that you have put onto the game. I cannot get my character to purchase such lot, or Lots.. What is the point? If one cannot do anything.  I like custom content. Why are you blocking what I like? When I share my lots. They are clean and without custom content. But in my game play stays the way I like it.
No. I am not asking for money back. Just want to play my games my way.
 I do not play online games. I play my computer games without being online. I do not trust the internet that well.
 I see that you are coming out with Sims3.. Maybe I’ll just stick with Sims2. Since you are so controlling on how one plays their games. I will stop at Freetime. You made your Millions of Dollars.
You like some many other businesses have forgotten how you made your money. I am not asking too much. When I say let me play the game my way.
 Thank you
John W. Osinski
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 11:58:06 pm »

Interesting.  I see that you've initiated 3 posts on problems, one with a problem with musical instruments you had with OFB a year ago, one a couple days ago in getting InSIM to work, and this letter to EA.

Had you asked about the problems you're having with the 3 new EPs you've installed, you just may have found out that not everyone is having the same problems.  I'm sure I'm not alone is saying that once I got my mods updated, all three have run rather smoothly.  Sure there's glitches that exist, even after updating mods and patching the games, but for the most part it works and is playable.

EA has never blocked what CC or mods can be placed in your game.  As far as I know, you are the first to have made this claim.

My advice to you:  Clean up your game before making ridiculous claims.  Try moving all of your downloads out of your game, create a test neighborhood, add all the subhoods, and see if all the problems you are having still exist.  If they don't, that is the game works fine, I bet there's a CC/mod problem.
John55

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 10:40:38 am »

Ok. I have all my mods in a folder. Just the mods. The custom content that I have downloaded are in folders as well. I removed the mods folder. Reinstalled the game without them. I get the same problem with out the mods in the download file. I also have notice that the Custom content that Folks have made like the clothing. Their names have been removed from the bodyshop. Which at one time use to listed along with the items that they have made.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 07:23:29 pm »

Maybe you missed this
Try moving all of your downloads out of your game
That would include CC in your Downloads and SavedSims folders.
John55

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 11:56:24 pm »

I did not really miss the quote. I When I reinstalled the games.I took all of the downloads out. With the folders. It still will not work. The patch that I got from EA is over 87MBS for FreeTime.   There are three Vacation homes that are there. Ok. When I tried to buy a Vacation home on that one Island. The Sims would start up the computer. Then the Sims just sits there. Ok. I booked a Vacation with that Sims to that Island. When the Sim arrives at the Resort. On the Right hand side I start getting pop ups stating. My ownership is, this it goes about 14 times. Then When it stops There is another pop that states No ownership. It does this the whole time of the Hotel stay. I Understandd the reason. Let's say I go on a Vacation to the Bahamas. They are glad to see you. Cause you bring the Money. But they want you to go home as well.
 I can build Cummunity lots. No problems. Can even use them. in only a few areas in the Neighborhood or if you wish Neighbourhood. The rest is reded out. I understand that. The Vacation home are for the wishful thinkers. Like myself.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 12:03:44 am by John55 » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 01:42:26 am »

You've got a couple of mods installed that shouldn't be.  Nobody's Game_Edition mod came with some test versions of the mods for developers.  Those shouldn't be installed for normal play.  They will start with the word "test_".  Remove those.

What I'm reading now is that when you have downloads removed completely, and now knowing this includes not only the Downloads and SavedSims folders, but also the AddOn folder, you can't buy a vacation home.  I've got over 150 mods in my game and I'm having no problem buying vacation homes or building community lots in any neighborhood.  When I originally got BV, I had no problem buying vacation lots with and without mods.  Let's make sure that you are able to before we start adding mods.
John55

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 02:41:38 am »

I forgot to add this last post. At my Desktop Icons. If I insert the BV Disk with the Freetime added. I get a message to put Freetime Disk into drive. I am not able to go back a play BV. Just with BV CD.  With this patch and Vista.
 The first post did help. If I take off all Games. OK. And installed up to BV. Guest what I can get the Home. But in the Freetime They added some blocks to make it more real. Have you been to and Island? Like Aruba. It is small. With thousand of people their. a lot do not have jobs. Tourism is their only support.
 also with the patch for freetime they added a controller. At the Hotel. When the Pop up show up. Notice the Cook. They look right at you. Strange. But in the past the cooks never looked up from their pots. Also. Those three lots I can build anything. Just can not stay there.
 Plus. I got the answer From EA. Just just bought these games last week. To install. When I took everything out. I went all the way to Freetime to have everything. Then I play it with out the things added. EA Put in some extra Flags to make the game a little more real. Which I have no problems with. Cause Simpe lets me add extra days to the Sims Vacation. And Motherlode is the best. LOL
 The Addons folder just wishful thinking ion my part. I put that there a With it empty.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 02:55:56 am by John55 » Logged
GravyTrain10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 06:34:46 pm »

Quote from: John55;1439828
I forgot to add this last post. At my Desktop Icons. If I insert the BV Disk with the Freetime added. I get a message to put Freetime Disk into drive. I am not able to go back a play BV. Just with BV .

If I'm understanding this correctly, youre saying you cannot launch only bv?

when you load another expanison pack, it adds on to the base game, making all previous e.p's and the base game playable thorugh the one disk, you just need to choose the Vacation 'hood in your neighborhood.

i hope that made sense.

"Its time for..."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: