Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 12:00:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Print Screen...need help again  (Read 2438 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
adreyn

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2008, 01:08:10 pm »

I'm just hating my new laptop more and more. The video card rawks, tho!
I am unable to use print screen for Sims 2 captures. The print screen function works, but not in the game. When I try to use print screen in game, then I get a black capture when I paste it to my paint program. But, if I try it with anything other than the game, it works fine.
Any solutions out there?
Thanks again!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 01:48:50 pm »

Use Gadwin.  It works wonders and saves your captures in a folder for you.  That might help solve that problem.  :smile bi:

adreyn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 02:01:41 pm »

Thanks, I'll see if it works.

Unfortunately, Gadwin is doing the same thing. Just get a black screen capture. Dang it.

**Got it working now! And figured it out myself. I guess I can become my own computer tech...NOT!
Anyway, thanks Tenshii Akari, I love the Gadwin, now that I got it working.**
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 03:19:15 pm by adreyn » Logged
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 04:36:52 pm »

So what was the solution?

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
adreyn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 10:28:21 pm »

Oh, sorry... guess I could put that down in case anyone else has the problem, doubt it though.
I made a change on the nvidia control panel when I was looking through all the new computer stuff and I switched it back to the default or let the "card decide" (some choice like that). Print screen worked after that. Don't know why it should make a difference but it did.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 10:38:06 pm »

Thanks Smiley Good to know stuff like that.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Kielen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 03:14:24 pm »

Actually, myself and another member have the exact same issue. Except I think my card is set to it's default settings, but I still get the black screen when I run the game full screened.

"I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
adreyn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 06:28:58 pm »

Kielen,
I was just looking at my Task manager because I can't get the homecrafter to open.....anyway, that's another story, but I just remembered that I also decided to leave the processes on, when I was having my problems. Except for my antivirus and a couple of things that are on icon tray (can't think what that is actually called right now). I always turned off most of the processes that maxis instructs us to when running the game.
I don't know if that might have also made a difference with using gadwin and the prt scrn function.
Hopefully, you'll get that solved.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: