Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:42:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When I download + install houses/sims....  (Read 2660 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Baby Blue Steel

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2008, 08:23:43 am »

When I download and install house packages or sims I can never find either one in my game! I check the lots & houses bin but they're not there! And when I am in Make-A-Sim, the new sims arent there or in Body Shop! But I know I downloaded and installed them already. So can anyone help me by telling me what I am doing wrong?

thanks,
Morgan

:happy8:

:chainsaw:

grrr baby.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 07:20:24 pm »

Did you enable custom content in the game options?
Baby Blue Steel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 05:41:37 pm »

yes i did but they still dont show up at all. i have other cc stuff like clothes, furniture etc but the whole sims and houses dont show up.

:chainsaw:

grrr baby.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 06:26:56 pm »

Sometimes if you install multiple lots at the same time they won't install properly. Go into the Teleport folder and delete anything you see in there. It should be empty if there are no lots to be installed. Having leftover teleport files can screw up installation of new lots. Try installing lots 1 or 2 at a time, rather than many.

As for the sims - do you have any expansion packs? If you have the base game only, they need to go into the SavedSims folder and not into Downloads and they cannot be placed in a subfolder or they won't show up in the game. I can't remember which expansion it was that allowed us to put sims into Downloads and into subfolders, but you definitely cannot do it with base game only.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Misskitz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 06:28:35 pm »

I had this problem... do you by any chance have Vista? If you do, the CC will only install if your the admin, and it won't if you anything else. If you just change that and go back and install everything again; it will be there.

Sims is not a hobby, its a life style :tongue3:
axron27

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 07:25:19 pm »

did you package the lots that you created? and then did you run the package file you made from those lots? My Documents\Ea Games\Sims 2\packaged lots\....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: