Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 09:23:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do I make an Attic?  (Read 2005 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
adalita

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2008, 12:26:09 am »

I was wondering how you make an attic like this...

have been trying for ages with no luck!  It probably is easier than I think!

3rd place in Siblings-Love Or Hate Contest with Alyssa and Aimee Sacchi!
1st place in A Family Christmas with The Pearcy Family
Adalita's SIMS Come and check out my sims and their houses!
Check out my work in Living Sims Magazine HERE
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 01:27:14 am »

i have no idea how, adalita but could you tell me where you got that first pic? i wanna get that house! Smiley

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
adalita

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 02:42:07 am »

its part of a contest over at reflex sims forum called evicted....

3rd place in Siblings-Love Or Hate Contest with Alyssa and Aimee Sacchi!
1st place in A Family Christmas with The Pearcy Family
Adalita's SIMS Come and check out my sims and their houses!
Check out my work in Living Sims Magazine HERE
freshsfs2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 07:20:39 am »

Yeah it's part of a contest but those roofing blocks come with AL. Their in the miscellaneous section in decorations. So the red and grey sides of the attic are actually blocks that can be placed on the sides of a room to look like an attic. I think they built a small roof on the roof and then add the blocks to the sides, put windows in the room, and found matching wallpaper. So it appears like an attic. The sides are definitly a decor item.

The American ideal, after all, is that everyone should be as much alike as possible.  James Baldwin
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 08:30:49 am »

If you want an real easy attic - you don't need an expansion to make one. It wont look like how you have it above, but it works.

I transformed the Goth house to being a five story (including basement and attic). Then added a roof. I saw that I cold just add tile to the floor right below the roof (flooring). I then added a staircase from the third floor to the floor above (the attic). I find it almost impossible to zoom in when the roof is up to get an inside look, but the roof makes for automatic walls. I put all their extra's (party stuffs and travel gear) and storage things, and all my tools up there (like the Insimenator). Sometimes, I use it as the nanny's quarters.

To make sure that all the stuff you put up there is within the walls, just put the walls up and see if things are sticking out. Then just move them accordingly.

I'm sure you could add a few walls and adjust the roof style around if you want a look from the above picture, and for it to be real. Hm... I might try that myself sometime.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 08:35:45 am by kinnika » Logged

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: