Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:55:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Did You Get The Sims 2 And +  (Read 6950 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
poppy_123

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2008, 09:44:12 am »

So i kinda new on here and i was wondering why you all wanted to get sims 2,

Was it for the Educational look ?
The Careers?
The Families?
The Pets? and soo on

I picked it for the families and most of my sims are family people with the most having 23 children one died and another died recently and two are still at home and 102 grandchildren , around 12 adopted and 7 died and 4 were taken away. And there being around 34 families due to divorce and re-marriage.

.x.
darkannie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 09:15:37 pm »

I bought the sims 2 for the sole purpose of getting Seasons and Nightlife.  I didn't have much interest in the game after I played it once on a friend's mac computer.  It was really slow and looked complicated and I thought it was just like that.  Didn't realize at the time that macs just don't handle the game too well.  So I avoided it for a long time, still playing the sims 1 religiously.  Then I saw the advertisement for Seasons and that sold me.  I got sold on Nightlife when I found out about vampires, but I mostly up and bought the game specifically for Seasons.  It's still the best expansion EA has ever released.
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 05:18:16 am »

Well, my friend borrowed the game from a family member of hers. I played it quite regularly on her laptop, but eventually she had to give the disc back, so we didn't have the game any more.

I had sims 1 at home, but after playing sims 2, that just wouldn't do. So I went and bought the game, and now I have all EP's and SP's because all the stuff they add is just so darn good. xD

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 07:57:45 pm »

I got hooked because of a cousin of mine. I think she had all the sims1 games, and I also wanted to try those. I bought a colection of three sims1 packs - which I played a lot. She also got me hooked on sims2 - because everything looked soooooo cool when I first saw her play the game. I bought sims2 + uni (and maybe nightlife too - can't remember) the same time as I bought my laptop (which was remarkable fast back then...). And since then, there has been a lot of very late nights playing sims2 Cheesy (I gave up sims1 because the computer I have that game on is superslow and takes ages even to start... it's still running windows 98, I think...)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 08:01:00 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
heartless

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 11:37:48 pm »

One of my relatives actually thought the sims 1 was evil lol (she claimed it was because you could give your sims personalities and that was somehow "playing god" even though people play with dolls and give them personalities...). But I was intrigued, and ended up getting the game. And when Sims 2 came out I got it, cuz' it looked even more fun than sims 1. Though sometimes I miss the sheer weird chaos of the first one. My sims were never ever satisfied.
SeZZa

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 10:36:41 pm »

... I just love playing God!!! >=]
Hannah

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 11:10:24 pm »

My friend had it on her phone and i loved controlling that little chicks life:lol: and then we found out there were versions for the pc and they were like a bazillion times better so we went and bought it and now here we are. Lol. I agree about seasons being the bestest expansion ever^^:D

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 11:18:25 pm »

Buying The Sims 2 was a natural progression from Sims 1.

I was duped into the dazzling graphics and animations.

But, to be honest, I bought it the day it came out. I installed it, looked it over, and went, ho-hum and uninstalled it. Went back to playing the Sims 1 for the longest time.

I never re-installed it until after Seasons came out. I own only up to OFB. I do own Pets but uninstalled that. Too many problems with it.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
SeZZa

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 01:48:05 am »

I never had the complete Sims 1 collection...

When Sims 2 came out I bought it the day it came out as I did love Sims in general so much. I own all Sims 2 expansion packs up to date. I could never uninstall any expansion no matter how much I dislike it as I love being able to have all options at my finger tips if or when I need them.

Same goes for Sims 3. I'm looking so forward to it. I'll definitly be buying the collectors edition and I'll definitly be buying all expansion packs aswell. I'm not much of a complainer and never really complained or noticed many of the bugs in the Sims 2 and it's expansions, so it doens't really bother me. As long as they bring out a patch, it's all sweet.
splayle

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 01:51:40 pm »

I had played sims 1 since the day it came out, so buying sims 2 was the natural route to go. What really attracted me to sims 2 was the generational aspect of being able to have toddlers and teens, and the also the graphics were so much better.

-Follow the news at Three Lakes Mountain:smt120
http://www.freewebs.com/splayle
JohnnyDeppLuva

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 10:04:25 am »

I had The sims 1 and all sims 2 games for my PS2 and i loved them. For the last couple of years I heard a lot of things about it for PC but i never thought about buying it, But finally in Jan this year I bought The Sims Life Stories as you could have babies (can't in sims 2 ps2), I completed both stories in a few days and then it was just normal gameplay. In life stories there was no high chair and that really annoyed me and believe it or not thats what made me buy The Sims 2 in Feb this year and I can't imagine my life without it. I now have all EP's to date and all SP's including then newest one ~ Mansions & Gardens.
So over the last 11 months I have bought Life Stories, The Sims 2, All EP'S & All SP's ~ And I moan about having no money Tongue

Anyway I really bought it for the family aspect, I love being able to have babies and watch them grow.The infant and the toddler stages are by far the best.

P.s. Seasons was the greatest EP until Apartment Life came out - In my opinion .x. I can't wait for the sims 3 Smiley

Ever noticed how fast windows runs?
Neither have I
Chey_sk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 07:35:34 pm »

My brother and his friends were always playing on Sims 1, and I watched that for awhile. Then I was watching them play Sims 2, and thought it looked like fun. I went out and bought two of the Life Stories ones, and was hooked. I would play so much, that I was dreaming about my families.  I have bought Sims 2, and all the expansion packs, as well as all the stuff packs. My hubby complains all the time, lol.  It is my addicition....way better for the body than some other addictions out there....not sure if it is better for the pocketbook though.  Jump
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 02:32:22 am »

When I heard the first thing ever about a Sim I was sitting in my 10th grade biology class in high school and it was in the morning time so I was listening to my friend Patrice talk about how her 'sim's' child got took away by child services and I was half-way listening so I was like 'Who's kid got took away by childs services??' and she laughs and goes 'My Sim' and I was like WTF is a Sim? and she told me to google Sims and so I did and I was like cool what an awesome looking game but I didn't buy it then at the time I really became interested in it when I went to visit my parents and my little sister one weekend and this was 'after' graduation like 2 years lmao tongue and my sister Autumn was playing 'The Sims' one for PS2 and I go 'let me play it for a second I heard about this game and I want to see what the big deal is about it' so once she let me play it I swear I set there from 7pm to 12 midnight playing it! shocked and I knew I had to get it for my computer so thats my story and I've been sold ever since I just need one more EP and I'll have my whole collection of Sims which I have everyone for PS2 cept' Castaway and I only have 2 SP's but I don't buy alot of them because of how low on memory my computer is. . . rolleyes
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 10:35:35 am »

I had been a Sims 1 player since it came out, and I owned all the EP's for it with the exception of Unleashed. Buying Sims 2 seemed to be the next step, and was just about the highlight of my life when it came out, because it was Sims 1 but better graphics and more things to do.

I miss Sims 1 sometimes, but Sims 2 and all it's expansions (besides Pets, I wish I'd never installed it) are the best.

I suppose the reason I bought Sims 1 in the first place was because I LOVE building characters, being able to determine what they do and how they live their lives. Even in other video games, I get upset if I can't customize my character and so on. The real gamers I know laugh at me for how long I'll take putting together my character at the beginning of games like Oblivion ... "But guys, this is my favourite part! It's like the Sims!" lol.

My other ride is a chocobo.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 11:43:12 am »

I blame it all on my sister. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: