Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 07:37:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Did You Get The Sims 2 And +  (Read 7193 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
saowens
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 12:57:33 pm »

First off let me say that I had no interest in sims at all. I had no plans to buy it or play it.

Well.... a friend of mine purchased the sims 2 for his girl friend and he could not get it to work in his computer. I told him to let me take a look at it to see if it would play in my computer. To find out if it was a defective game or a problem with his pc.
It turns out that he bought the dvd version and he didn't have a dvd drive in his pc. I did have a dvd drive and the game played fine for me. It was a few months before he was able to put a dvd drive in his pc so I just " held on " to his game for him during that time.

By the time he put in the dvd drive and wanted the game back I had purchased a couple of expansion packs and discovered all of the down loadable custom content. This was about three years ago and now I have all of the expansion packs and a couple of the stuff packs.  Cheesy

The rest is history as they say...  Grin
Casual Dude

Happy suiside.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 01:18:27 pm »

I also had no interest of getting sims 2. In fact, i wanted sims 1 back! (i was really behind)

But my bro got the sims 2 deluxe and sim city deluxe edition with his vista pc, he didnt play them so have gave them to me  Grin

Exept now he has sims 2 deluxe back, so i downloaded a thing to make it not use a CD.

I still have the sim city though MOUWAHAHAHAHA!

This user was shot with a tranquilliser and was taken to the local metal institute.

I deleted my whole damn downloads. Big mistake :@
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 05:22:47 pm »

Thank God.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
crazywonderful

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2009, 01:53:22 pm »

I got The Sims 2 because the graphics just looked so much better than Sims 1. Also, I had only owned Sims 1 for about 6 months before Sims 2 came out and I had no expansions, which made switching easy since I wasn't really attached to Sims 1. I think the switch to Sim 3 will be much more difficult.
Simsane

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 03:02:56 pm »

My daughter came home from school with a friend who brought a game called The Sims and they were playing it on our computer in the den.  I watched for a while and it looked like fun, so we bought it.  Then we bought Livin' Large.  I played it for a while, but got bored of it.  A few years later, my daughter told me that EA/Maxis was making a Sims 2 and I responded, "Really?  hmmm, that's nice." and wasn't interested -- until just before it was released.  She was at a website looking at all the preview pics and insisted I look at them too.  Well, it looked soooo much better than the original sims and it said that EA was releasing The Sims 2 in September (my daughter's birthday is also in September) so I thought, "It would make a great birthday present for her."

Bought it for her -- ended up playing it more than she did, lol!  I only have s2, Uni, N/L, OFB, Pets (took that back off -- can't stand that ep), and Seasons though.  Well, I also have FFS, G/L and Celebrations but that's it.  I don't have any of the newer ones.

Oh, so people don't think I'm cruel, I bought my own -- so I've bought all the games twice.  Once for me and once for my daughter.  Smiley  But I actually play the game.  She hasn't played it in years.  I bought all of them for her and she's only installed s2, Uni and Nightlife, the rest are still in unopened cases.  Sad

Oh, and Seasons is my favorite ep too.  Grin
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: