Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 12:56:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Modifying Pre-Existing Apartment  (Read 3139 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
adlis

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2008, 04:54:56 pm »

Hello,

I need help!

My sims have just recently being promoted to be an intern in medine career and now i want to move her from the mobile home to one off the pre existing apartment(maxis). I read the Apartment Life Prima Guide and found that i could used the changelotzoning cheat to modified pre existing apartment by changing the  lot from apartment to residential to do some modifying and then when done back to apartmentbase( acording to the cheat) but then it Crashed!!!!When i start the game back the apartment still look the same without the modification. Help? Has anyone experince this? What are the steps i need to follow? Also where can i find the apartment letterbox?

Thanks.:study:
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 06:52:13 am »

Same thing happened to me. I think it has something to do with the mailbox switching.

Load the game up and enter the lot a second time and everything should be fine.

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
normansims

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 07:22:57 pm »

I don't think you can modify an apartment lot when a sims is occupying it.
deekitty31

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 06:47:03 pm »

It's my understanding that all of the residents have to be moved out before any changes can be made, and then you move them back in.  I know I've read that somewhere.
martinluci

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 06:26:34 pm »

you can not modify lots with sims, only empty ones, i have made a few lots recently using the change lot zoning code, but took me forever to figure out how to incorporate a communal backyard and when i figured it out it wound up being so simple i was shamed. but i thought i read you can not change game lots preloaded in game only ones you create or it will cause a crash. i could be wrong. i notice that certain custum items froze my game.
dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 04:40:16 pm »

Even without trying to use the lotzoning , you need to move your Sim's out of the lot just for modifying the present home they live in. I have built a house and saw a miner mistake and I could not fix it while my Sim's still occupied the lot. Grin

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: