Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 03:38:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Content  (Read 1347 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
XxlexiixX

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2008, 06:27:28 pm »

:-xUsually when I download custom content from a website it automatically goes into sims body shop, but everytime I download something for this website it disappears. I don't see it in the bodyshop I see all these numbers and stuff in the download folder,which means i downloaded something,but it won't show up on sims body shop. can someone help me with this people.

Any also evrything I post a question on this site it never gets answered.Please answer this one please.

::smilieiforgetwhi::Twilight
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 07:00:06 pm »

It could be a couple of things. It could be you're missing the mesh, or you're downloading content that requires you to have an EP or SP you don't have.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 07:47:36 pm »

If you download from the Exchange, all Bodyshop custom content is offered on sims, so you end up downloading sims2pack files which automatically installs into your Downloads folder and makes a mess.

The content you download from this, and most other sites, is in RAR or ZIP format. You actually need to uncompress the files you download and manually put the resulting .package files into your Downlaods folder. Less mess, filenames you can actually understand.

Reading through a tutorial on how to get custom content into your game might help: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Downloading_for_Fracking_Idiots

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: