Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 05:58:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Riley won't 'hit-on' Mickey?? Please help?  (Read 6359 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Kenadie_Rose

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2008, 09:30:13 pm »

I bought The Sims Life Stories a few days ago and I am on chapter 2.  Riley now wants to Hit-On Mickey, but this option is not showing up.  I have kept her talking to him and flirting with him and they are now in love, but the 'hit-on" option will not show up.  Mickey now just sticks around the house until about 3:00 a.m. and then comes back at 7:00 a.m. and just walks around the house.  He will not leave and she still can't 'hit-on' him.  It is starting to get annoying because the story can't progress.  I would say 4 or 5 sim days have passed and nothing is happening.

Any clues as to why the 'hit-on' option isn't showing up?  I get all the other flirt options except that one.  I appreciate any help!  Thanks!!

:duckie: Kenadie
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 11:54:25 pm »

You need to raise their lifetime relationship. This is done easiest by having her use flirt... charm, appreciate... backrub, entertain... joke and hug... friendly. Just keep working on it, the option should appear around lifetime relationship of around 21 or 22. Try to mix it up a bit, because if you use too many flirt interactions in a row he'll start rejecting her. I usually do a series of charm, joke, hug, charm, joke, hug, etc. The backrub can sometimes backfire, but charm-joke-hug usually works a treat.

If you're having trouble with any of the goals, just check the walkthrough here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/937309/49266

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Kenadie_Rose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 08:28:52 am »

Thanks, their lifetime relationship was actuallly 100 and still no hit-on interaction.  I downloaded the insimenator and set their realationship back to friends and then tried again and for some reason hit-on showed up.. Very strange.  Now Im having the same problem with Dylan, they both have a lifetime relationship to 100 but still no interatction to have a romantic kiss.   I guess I will have to do the same thing.  But i will check the link out too.

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 03:13:15 pm »

I would strongly advise against using the Insimenator while you are still in Story mode. Goals are triggered by the game recognising that certain events have happened. Eg. it is impossible for Riley and Mickey to have a lifetime relationship of 100 unless you cheat. The game actually limits the values to which relationships can rise while in story mode. You'll keep getting problems and stuck goals if you keep mucking them up with the Insimenator. It's only 12 chapters, something like 4 or 5 hours worth of gameplay. You can use cheats, etc, to your heart's content once you have finished the story. If you stuff them up even more, you'll just get a stuck goal and will have to start again and that will actually be more annoying than having to actually do a bit of work on their relationships in the first place.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 06:42:21 pm »

Quote from: Engram;1443378
I would strongly advise against using the Insimenator while you are still in Story mode. Goals are triggered by the game recognising that certain events have happened. Eg. it is impossible for Riley and Mickey to have a lifetime relationship of 100 unless you cheat. The game actually limits the values to which relationships can rise while in story mode. You'll keep getting problems and stuck goals if you keep mucking them up with the Insimenator. It's only 12 chapters, something like 4 or 5 hours worth of gameplay. You can use cheats, etc, to your heart's content once you have finished the story. If you stuff them up even more, you'll just get a stuck goal and will have to start again and that will actually be more annoying than having to actually do a bit of work on their relationships in the first place.

Engram's right.  The EA website actually tells you that this game has an unfixable glitch.  If you skip any of the steps (or use any cheats to get past a goal) the game will then never progress.

I didnt know about "cheats" when I first got the game, but I did restart it due to a problem and then tried to move quickly through Riley's steps (since I knew the first few)...as a result Riley got stuck trying to invite Mickey over and never could. After searching for answers on the EA site, I found the thread explaining about the glitch.

The only remedy is to restart the game (both stories) and then wait until you are offered each goal--without cheats.  

To do this quit the game. Then go to:  "start menu" then "MyDocuments/ElectronicArts"  you'll see a folder called "The Sims™ Life Stories". Delete that folder and then open/restart the game. The game will create a new The Sims™ Life Stories" folder automatically.

This is the way the EA site offers for renewing the game. It helped me back then, hope it helps you.

Sims by Dasi:

Kenadie_Rose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 09:32:57 pm »

Thanks to both of you.  I did get rid of insim after I got that goal met and I think I am on chapter 11 now and everything is good.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: