Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 12:26:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Life Stories help...Won't show selections?  (Read 4127 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
meliau

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2008, 12:56:59 am »

Okay, so yesterday I installed Life Stories on my computer (Windows Vista). It worked, but then it just stopped and said it had to terminate. I tried again, and it just showed the "Sims Life Stories" sign, then "insert the correct CD". I did not pirate this game, I bought it and I have the disk. Well, I restarted my computer and set the compatibility to Windows XP and it worked, but it doesn't show anything other than "Play Tutorial". I am tired of these problems, I just want to play my game!
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 04:57:51 am »

Go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Life Stories\ and delete the entire Neighborhoods folder. Also delete the file called groups.cache that you find in the The Sims Life Stories folder. Fire up the game again. It will make a new groups.cache and make brand new copies of the hoods. They should hopefully all be there.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
meliau

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 10:05:37 am »

Nope. Didn't work. I did exactly as you said, but it still only shows the "Learn to Play" options. This happened on my other XP computer, though. Discluding the other problems, of course. Is there a way to fool my game into thinking I have all the specs, because I do, it just doesn't know if the OS is compatible and it says unknown sound and graphics card. Sound and graphics card work fine. I set the compatibility to XP, and set it as "run as administrative" in the compatibility tab. Is there anything else I can do?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: